• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with fthrow>uair

Rollo

Smash Rookie
I've seen this infamous combo a number of times on Gonzo's combo vid, and have tried many times to use the moves listed earlier. Unfortunately, I am only able to pull this off once, and then the second time my opponnet moves far enough horizontally to completely evade the attack. Any advice? (BTW, this is my first post, and I would appreciate any other tips you have for maining everyone's favorite puffball.) Thanks in advance.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
If it's against a space animal, your combo should be F-Throw > U-Air > F-Throw > U-Air > F-Smash.

Most other characters: F-Throw > U-Air > U-Smash/F-Smash

Rollo

Smash Rookie
Thanks, that should help. So it only works for certain characters? I'm guessing it's also effective against larger characters since it was so effective against D3 in the vid.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
A lot of characters like Donkey Kong, Sonic, and others can simply up+B to avoid being grabbed a second time, but that doesn't mean you might not be able to catch them by surprise for the second grab occasionally.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
key is low %'s too. a lot of heavier/bigger characters it's nice to have fthrow + hammer + uair

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
u can also use this combo instead if u'd like against lighter characters,
its one i've been using more often against snake b/c it opens some options to approach, Upthrow, upair (timing is critical, to early and ull hit ur opponent to far / to late and u wont hit), forward tilt aimed with a high angle, from there u can use tackle or a neutral air. Hope this helps

~Gonzo~

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
It's all based on percentage. The F-throw combos start when the opponent is at 0 or low percent damage.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Also, if you have problems just working with the button combos, the easiest way that I've found to do is just hold forward and hit up on the C-Stick. Seems to work well enough and you don't lose the momentum and are able to get the 2nd grab better.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Also, if you have problems just working with the button combos, the easiest way that I've found to do is just hold forward and hit up on the C-Stick. Seems to work well enough and you don't lose the momentum and are able to get the 2nd grab better.
Thats been my experience as well, also mixing in a neutral B is not a bad idea after the upair that way u can do 10% more damage on top of the combo

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, depending on the damage of the person you're fighting, sometimes you won't be able to get the fsmash in and it's safer to just inhale them for the extra damage/possible power.

To the OP:
It's also important to remember to only go for the 2nd grab on a few characters, the space animals and maybe captain falcon...I'm sure a few more, possibly bowser but not 100% sure.

Top Bottom