• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with finishers for Falco

Raiko

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm playing Falco atm, and something bothers me.
Everytime I don't manage to kill someone with chain grab to Dair combo, it becomes awfully hard to finish that person (if the person has good mindgames, or else they fall in stupid traps for smashes).

Up Smash being used as Hyphen Smash sucks, and not really good range/power, Down Smash range sucks, Front Smash has pre delay, I end up using Back Air most of the time for kills, but then it gets weak.

Any idea for connectors to Smashes? Down Grab to Up Smash works but it doesn't kill, and when it would kill the Down Grab throws way too far.

For real, I was playing a Yoshi player and he was getting up to 200% on every single life.

Thanks in advance!

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Well buddy i hate to tell you but really CG Dairing or a well timed Charged smash attack will do it, i like trying to catch them with a u-smash as they use thier second jump.

or edge guard the **** out of them i guess.

D

Deleted member

I almost always tech read and get off an Fsmash, just short hop and quickly bair (you can do it within like 5-15 frames if ur fast), or Dsmash to edgeguard. If they are at exceptional percents I laser spam until theres an opening and then Boost Smash an Usmash.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
what i do is jump tords them, fire ur lazors, and if they are hit with a lazor, they are stuned for a second, leaving them open to alot of atttacks

or shine them, and if they trip tech chase them with an up smash

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Yoshi at 200% easy kill: Jump towards them, spot dodge through their oh so predictable neutral b, dsmash. Destroys them.

I think your main problem is your poor spacing. If you can't hit a dsmash or a hyphen (maybe even boost) smash, you need to work on your simple smash mechanics. Almost all of Falco's moves have a good offensive usage.

Tetsuro

Smash Cadet
A good setup if they are on the ground is a short hopped laser while up close, the laser will stun them and allow for a quick smash. If they shield the laser you can grab as soon as you land, or better yet wait for them to drop it, in an attempt to shield grab you, and get off a quick down smash.

You really shouldn't have too much trouble getting off a smash though, do SH double lasers from a distance to make them want to close the gap, then wait for something stupid and punish accordingly.

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm playing Falco atm, and something bothers me.
Everytime I don't manage to kill someone with chain grab to Dair combo, it becomes awfully hard to finish that person (if the person has good mindgames, or else they fall in stupid traps for smashes).

Up Smash being used as Hyphen Smash sucks, and not really good range/power, Down Smash range sucks, Front Smash has pre delay, I end up using Back Air most of the time for kills, but then it gets weak.

Any idea for connectors to Smashes? Down Grab to Up Smash works but it doesn't kill, and when it would kill the Down Grab throws way too far.

For real, I was playing a Yoshi player and he was getting up to 200% on every single life.

Thanks in advance!
Oooh man I feel ya! Yoshi's can be a pain in the hobo. But since I got tired of not knowing how to smash them, I went to training to find at which percents Yoshi dies, I don't remember them exactly:
From center of the stage (Final Destination), uncharged smash:
[These are almost the same when fighting Wolf, seems Yoshi and Wolf weight almost the same]
FSMASH/USMASH: 130-140%
DSMASH/DTILT/UTILT: 170-180%
DASH ATTACK/DAIR: 200-210%

I don't remember the other ones, but knowing at which percentage Utilt and Dtilt killed helped a lot, I hope it helps ya too.

Top Bottom