• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with final smash.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Mario is my favorite character in the smash bros series and I have mastered everything with him from recovering to using the FLUDD. But I'm still having problems with using Mario's final smash. Everytime I go to use up close in front of some one, they seem to just jump over it and avoid it. (mainly zelda's fareon wind and sonic's spring jump thing.) Is there any strategy to make sure they get hit? help me!

E-unit

Smash Cadet
Actually, Mario's Final Smash has a vacuum effect. It's VERY small and it's only at the activation of the final smash (the close up part) Your opponent must be practically almost touching your back. It can be difficult to pull it off. Considering that if u want to do it in a certain direction. The best way to do it is to face away your opponent and wait for them to run to you to try to knock the smashball out of u and when they are close enough,.....UNLEEAAASSSSHHH!!!:flame:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Hit them with the initial hit of the FS. Once you press B, before the fire actually comes from his hands, the attack hits them with enough hitstun to keep them in front of you long enough to eat the entire attack. Also works as an edgeguarding strategy.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
knock the opponent off the stage (Fsmash or Dsmash) then when their off screen do the special. Either u hit and kill or you miss and then can gimp kill the opponent.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
the vacumm efect is the way to go
most people will try and knock it out of you,especially when your back is turned (just try not to let them fake you out
even if they have a projectile to stay away from you,you have the god worthy cape
if you want to use it straight on though.try to fake them out
like jumping>sideB
what I found usefull though,is every one fears you with it,if you charge at them they will most likely take the defensive,just keep brawling with them until you find an opening

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Final smash master here!

Mario FS does indeed stink, but it can be used. Mario's back has a HUGE vacuum effect. Use it when facing the opposite direction (So your back touches them) at 0% they will be dragged of a (medium to small) sized stage and die. Only works at 0%-15%.

Iron Mushroom

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it is probably one of the worst Final Smashes. Like everyone says, just use it as a edgeguard, or use it in midair when someone has used all their jumps or they used their up B move to escape you, which makes them extremely vurnable. But, this is pretty hard to come by

Top Bottom