• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with File Replacement?

brodus13

Smash Rookie
I'm kind of new to this, but I've been trying to get character textures working for brawl for the past few days, and I'm having some difficulties. I started with trying SD file replacement, using Phantom wings File patch code, and following the tutorial of where to put the files and everything (F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter), downloaded the proper texture files and placed them accordingly, made the .gtc and did everything right. But when it came to the character, nothing happened when I entered a match.

The first problem I encountered was my loader (I'm using a usb loader by the way) was not loading codes from the folder F:\codes , so I put a copy of the .gct file into F:\usb-loader\codes . Here the loader acknowledged the code and activated it, but still no change in the character. I ended up just saying f**k it and directly modifying the .iso before putting it onto my usb stick with wbfs manager.

Later, I decided to try brawl+ and the code loaded fine, and all of the changes involved within brawl+ worked, and the code list for it had file replacement, so I thought I'd try it again, so I set up the folders, and still nothing. I'd love to get this working, because I also want to put custom character portaits which is possible through this method... If somebody has ideas, or any clue what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.. :(

By the way, I'm my wii has on it 4.3 U, I'm using configurable USB loader, my wii is fully softmodded (HBC), and I'm using a 4gb SDHC card (if that's relevant)

brodus13

Smash Rookie
Also, if I posted in the wrong section, please direct me to where I should put this ^.^

Korba

Smash Rookie
What I have understood is that you can't use SD-card thats bigger than 2Gb.
I might be wrong though :/

PinoyBoii

Smash Rookie
i use a 512gb sd card and it works just fine. oh and brodus, you need to rename the texture files to fit the costumes for each character ex. FitCaptain##.pac(## for the costume you want to replace)
Hope i helped!

Top Bottom