• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with downgrading characters to their 3.02 versions in 3.6

KaosSpawn

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble here. I started playing PM in version 3.02 and I loved it. 3.6 is great too but I'd like to be able to revert a few characters back to the way they were before, specifically mewtwo, sonic, link, mario, zelda, lucas, and pit. I've tried just copy pasting the 3.02 FitChar.pac and FitCharMotionEtc.pac files into 3.6 but it makes them feel odd to play with, like they move or fall too fast or sometimes it changes the way moves work (like zelda's din's fire staying on the field even after an opponent runs into it. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Thank you!

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
When you moved the FitChar.pac's to their 3.6 fighter folders, did you first delete the 3.6 ones, then move the 3.02 ones into it? I've heard that simply using the "Replace" option messes up certain files.

KaosSpawn

Smash Rookie
No, I deleted the 3.6 files and then copy pasted the 3.02. I've been told that certain character's files are kept in different places throughout the versions and it will be very difficult to get a perfect 3.02 character in 3.6.

Top Bottom