• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with down b mashing

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Hey I can't rise with down b at all I can barely stall myself in midair with it and I need help because I am currently playing a handicapped luigi and I wish to get better and I figured this is a good place to improve

Mario49

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariomario494949
3DS FC
1547-5204-5038
If you're into customizing your controls, you can set your D-pad directions to special and just press it all around to get the maximum height.

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
Other than the d-pad trick, all you can really do is practice mashing as best you can. As a plus, 3.6 made attaining max height easier.

And the d-pad trick makes you lose Luigi's gawdlike taunts. Not worth =P

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Yeah it's easier in 3.6 but I still can't rise with it maybe if I set my unused jump button to special also...I don't know...and I totally agree those taunts must stay

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Its mostly something you just have to practice for me I use my B Button but my Button is very stiff from using it

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Good news through lots of practice I have found a hand position that lets me rise with utmost ability, I kinda use the side of my thumb to ware into the button

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
In 3.5, I used the dpad trick. I find it unnecessary now that mashing has been made easier. Just play a bunch of Mario Party minigames and you will have it in no time!

Just think, its been made easier to accomplish than Melee's nado. Just keep practicing and you should get the muscle memory eventually!

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
In 3.5, I used the dpad trick. I find it unnecessary now that mashing has been made easier. Just play a bunch of Mario Party minigames and you will have it in no time!

Just think, its been made easier to accomplish than Melee's nado. Just keep practicing and you should get the muscle memory eventually!
Yo XYK it's me orion

Eloc

Smash Rookie
I can rise about half way in melee now, all the way in pm and jumpless Cyclones in 4 are still really hard though
Pm has a lower mash rate than melee, i use my forefinger and my thumb and I practiced that for a little while, if that doesn't work make sure you aren't holding down on the control stick by accident, it happens to me on a few occasions still.

Top Bottom