• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with DDD

JBlaze23

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I've been reading a lot of these threads about King DDD bc thats my guy. Hes the only guy I've played with and King DDD is who I'm going to main in. Lately I've been struggling with him. It seems like I play a lot of Foxes, Marths, Ikes, and even Lucas. Everytime I play I struggle to get hits off bc of their quickness. I can't get the throws down and I dont know maybe my whole approach to DDD is wrong. If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Here's my Brawl Code 4553 9618 9478 and if somebody could play with me and give me pointers I'd really appreciate it. Or you could IM me on this sn GB King DeDeDe

Thanks for your help.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Your basic, defensive strategy includes a lot of shield grabbing, a lot of Ftilts and Dtilts, and a lot of Waddle dee tossing. Pressure your oponent to roll into you, mindgame them into Utilts, basically play it safe. Once you get more comfortable with the play style and rythem of The King, practice approaching with Backairs, and Short hop back air -> dair combos. One of Dedede's greatest strength is his MASSIVE edgeguarding, hes comparable to Jigglypuff in Melee, you can float all off the stage, catch your opponent with a backair and still make it back easily.

Good luck.

JBlaze23

Smash Rookie
^ Thanks man I appreciate that, i really need to get better with the shield grabs and the short hop game along with the edgeguarding. I think i get too nervous that I'm not going to make it back. I got another question. How do you deal with someone that is edgeguarding when your D3. When i need to use the up B moved to get back on the platform if i land on it instead of grabbing the edge they knock me back off bc it takes D3 a second to come out of it.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I used to be nervous, but Dedede is such a pimp he can come back from ANYTHING.

There are a lot of options when recovering with Dedede. If they are hogging the edge your first thought should be knock them off, if you have enough jumps, even if you don't think you will make it back, hit them with a quick Bair, Fair or even a Waddle dee to knock them off and/or spike them. Besides that, I usually land on my Up+B. The range on it is huge (the stars knockback) and it is usually tough to punish with most characters. Also you can do your UpB to the right, and then mid fall cancel it and DI left to grab the ledge. Be creative, don't be repetitive, keep your opponent guessing how you will recover and they will have a much harder time guarding you.

Top Bottom