• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with cape edge guarding

Seth B.

Smash Rookie
NNID
SnazzyPaperBear
3DS FC
1547-5389-9600
I love using cape to guard the ledge and reflect recoveries and such, but I never know the right time and place off-stage to use it. Is it even a decent off-stage option?

xleo_samusx

Smash Cadet
Yes it is a decent offstage option, but typically there are better options, good examples are if fox is firefoxing straight toward you, villager is trying to cover his way back onstage with slingshot etc. Honestly bairs will usually be a better option, unless you have a read on them and have a good idea of what they are going to do.

Drake Lalonde

Smash Rookie
I personally go for the run off bairs myself. Excellent option and there is not much that can be done against vertical recoveries. I do love going for the cape but only when it will be a guaranteed. (You just know). Tons of practice.

Top Bottom