• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with a DvD Recorder.

SixFeetUnder

Smash Rookie
Alright well I just recently noticed that the DvD Player in our living room had a Record function and that it could record SSBM footage by using the A/V Cables (it has an output and input). My only problem is that when playing with the GC connected to the DvD Player, it lags. Like, a whole lot. For example, if I push A, literally two seconds later the character executes the attack. Obviously, I can't record, let alone play, my matches with the lag going on. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, can I fix it?

It has two input ports (where you connect the GC A/V cables) and one output (where you connect one set of the DvD Player's A/V cables and the other set connects to the TV). I have tried to connect the GC cables on both input ports and even tried switching it so that GC goes on output and DvD on input. None of this has fixed the problem.

The DvD Player is an RCA Scenium (not to be confused with the TV).

P.S. I read through the SSBM Footage Guide topic and it did not even mention recording with a DvD Player. I'm guessing not many people try this method?

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, as far as I can tell, you can't really get around the lag unless the DVD has some sort of different input. Really, all you can do is split the signal. I convert my Wii's AV cables into a coaxial cable with an RF modulator, then split that and run one end to the computer and one to the TV. The only other real option is a camera.

SixFeetUnder

Smash Rookie
So the only way for me to fix it is to get some sort of Capture Card? Gah, I'm low on money at the moment.

I'm pretty determined to fix this; I will use coaxial cables instead of A/V cables. If that doesn't fix the lag then I guess getting a CC will be my only way out...oh well.

Thank you for your input.

Top Bottom