• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with 3DS Controls?

JK :^)

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadow2003
3DS FC
2036-7330-6750
Well I've been posting a lot of questions lately....

So the backstory. My Highschools gaming club has monthly Sm4sh, Melee, and 64 (Believe it or not...) tournaments. The problem is, I pretty much only play sm4sh Competively. I have Melee but I, like, never play it. The big problem however, is my highschool doesn't have a Wii U, and no one wants to buy one. So we are forced to play the 3DS version.

However, the problem arises.....

3DS controls suck....

I use a GC controller, and never use js + a for smashes. But I need to. Since this is unfamiliar territory for me, I have no idea how to even begin to get used to them both, and switch between them fluently.

I have an XL, if that makes a difference.

Also if anyone reffers to that hack someone did where they used a board to connect a GC to a 3DS, I don't think my schools tourney rules would allow that...

Help pls

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Just bring your own Wii U to the tourneys and take it home when they're over with.

Unless your afraid that it might get stolen or something, you might not have much of a choice.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
As someone who has played the 3DS to death, I would cross compare with the gamecube controller and start from there. Unless you have a N3DS the only way to use smash attacks are by js + a or a + b. if you don't use tap jump, turning it off is nearly essential.

Top Bottom