• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help wii internet connection

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
i got a wii for xmas and i tried to set up the internet connection so i could by the internet channel but it took forever on shop channel and said error 20960 what does this mean and how do i fix it oh yeah i have a linksys router finnaly please do not give nintendo link i didnot understand THANK YOU HAPPY NEW YEAR

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
20960 is not a valid Wii error code. Was it 209600? Or 209601 maybe?

If it were either of those, you can likely fix the problem by changing the settings on your router, like channel. Switching to channel 1 or 11 will probably fix it. If you need help changing the settings in your router, say so.

The problem happens due to a timeout when contacting Nintendo's servers. That means that you're trying to talk to Nintendo, but you don't get a response. The problem is that you're having trouble sending the info out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The servers are just slow today. I believe everyone is trying to access them. Just try again in the future.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, yea. I totally didn't think of that. He had the problem on X-Mas, Nintendo was probably flooded. The issue WAS a timeout, anyway. I bet it works now.

The kid's lucky enough to have gotten a Wii for Christmas, you know! Those things are in seriously short supply.

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
if i'm the kid
i know i was the one who waited in line for the wii
i just need to pay parents of i could'nt do till after christmas

i was 26 in line
here was 30 wiis
and at least 40 people behind me

it was crazy at toys r us

but yeah it's moving so much faster

it is now 3am and i;m on my wii typing

i am crazy

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
if you're friend is just tying to access nintendo items get the wireless adapter by nintendo

if you're friend will be using it like i do with along with the wii i use it for my psp and laptop just get a router or try to find something like nintendos usb adapter

again any questions ask

Top Bottom