• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help wifi vs ehternet

link555

Smash Rookie
Hi ppl, first of all, srry for my english, is not my native language. I have a problem playing SSB4 online, my router is on the other side of the house and the signal is very low on my room. I've been thinking on buying another router so i can connect my ps4 and the pc at the same time, so in addition i will have more wifi signal. So what should i do, buy another router ( the distance between the router and the wii u will be like 20 cm) or buy that adapter. If i buy that adapter would i be able to play with GC controllers? the adapter needs 2 usb and the ethernet adapter needs 1.
Thanks in advance.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
The Wii U has 4 USB ports, so as long as you aren't charging multiple Pro controllers or leaving Skylander/Infinity portals hooked up you should have more than enough space for the Gamecube controller port, an ethernet cable and a external Hard Drive. I'd recommend finding a way to get the ethernet cable hooked up, as a secondary router will increase the amount of interference in your place (you'll have a secondary access point but double the WiFi going through the place. Could potentially cause lag, depending on where you live.)

If the distance is too far for the router, you can see if you can get the router moved closer (possible with DSL internet, since it uses the phone line) and then wire things up. This is how I got around the issue (I live in an apartment, so interference made the WiFi unreliable for smash), as I moved the router in the same room and then with CAT6 and a switch got my entertainment center all hooked up with ethernet.

If you can't move the router and getting Ethernet hooked up is impossible, then it's on to wireless optimization options; like changing your frequency, checking for QoS options that maybe strangling the little quality you are getting, etc. There are plenty of threads created, some even by me, that will cover some of the options available to help ease your pain.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom