• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help w/ secondary character

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
OK, i am going to main zelda, but now i need a solid secondary character to counter some of the harder character matchups, ness, g&w, lucas, and a few others,

Who matches up against these characters well? I don't know much about brawl, so if you guys could help out, it would be much appreciated.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea mk would work i co main diddy and that works pretty well for me you can try that if you are not a mk fan

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
As flippant as this may sound? Down-B. Sheik. I've found she works pretty well against the characters I can't handle as Zelda; Sonic, G&W, Lucas and Ness, Pikachu, etc.

S2

Smash Lord
My first tip is to simply learn how to fight against those characters. Since chances are at some point your going to need to use Zelda against them if your opponent counter-picks or you get double-blind picked against one of them.

That being said, choose a character that does not have the same strengths/weaknesses.

Marth/Fox/Meta/etc. all good choices because they're mindgames and style are very different. This is assuming that your secondary is simply for matchups where you know your going to lose and you simply don't want to deal with it as Zelda.

I'll reiterate that it'll make you a better player if you learn those matchups as Zelda.

Top Bottom