• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs Links

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who plays Link, and he's very good. He totally ***** my DK half the time, and everything I try isn't really working. Can someone please give me some advice?

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Don't try to shield his Fwd smash (Roll if you manage to shield the 1st hit) or his dair. I don't trust DK's shield too much with that. Also, get into link's deadzone, where he can't reach you with melee attacks or projectiles, because you would be able to punish him in time.

Spaced bairs or the occasional bair to up b works very well. Nairs to shield or roll are a safe approach also.

Once you get a grab, go for the cargo up throw and follow up depending on %. Once you are sure you can't reach with another attack, just position yourself under him to put pressure. You can up b everything he has with proper timing. Cargo up throw to punch or fair is a good finisher (uair too, depending on stages).

When edgeguarding, time up bs with invisibility frames from the ledge. It works very well to disrupt his hookshot. If he has no hookshot left and you find yourself to be on the ledge, CCed dtilts is a good way too. Make him go low and then edgehog him.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
PKM. Nice placing with your DK at the past tournament.

&I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm pretty new at DK...but PKM has laid out all the GOOD things to do against a tough Link.

Top Bottom