• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help us make custom moves for wii u viable and let's decide on 8 good sets of CMs for Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Basically, people complain that unlocking Cms in the wii u takes to long and yada-yada, so we found a workaround:

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-proposal-we-can-make-custom-moves-fast-easy-and-legal.379555/

as you can see, this requires people to decide on sets for characters to be pre-loaded in the wii us via, possibly, 3DS. well, and i want to help this go on, and help Bowser Jr too.

this has some overlap with custom moves discussion but still, let's try to decide on 8 sets to be handily available... i think it works better if we analyse the custom moves first and decide on sets after it, but feel free to just put up a set.

Neutral B: Piercing Cannoball seems to be the go-to option if you aren't using the impatient mechakoopa, but i frankly see potential in the default one to heavily punish landings on the stage and edgeguarding.
I first though the Air Cannon was going to be terribad, but i just had the though that this is kind of like Gust Cape as a projectile, and it could work as edgeguards... but i still have to play with it, it could be air dodged...

Side B - it seems the "tank" variation is awful and should never be used. defualt is good, and apparently koopa drift is too.

Up b - i think both the defualt and the meteor ones are fine, but that makes you rise with the kart and shoots you down seems really crappy.

down b - all seem to have good aplications depending on the stage and match-up; the only thign is that it will be redundant with Piercing cannon.

i know the set i'd use is 2111.

Shadow_nobody

Smash Rookie
I much prefer the standard cannon to every other one 9/10 times. I have better control of where I want it to go in distance and drop.
However I do feel the air cannon isn't all that bad in certain matchups. It also lets you still a little bit in the air which is really helpful, and you can do silly things chasing way off stage shooting an air cannon and going back to stage before they even come close.

Koopa Drift is my favorite of the 3 because I like a shorter hop and the spinout lets you get back on stage and apply a lot of pressure and keep people on their toes more often.

I'm at odds with up b because I like setting the explosion as sort of a trap, but at the same time I like meteor ejects for the fast meteor and quick explosion. The big downside to meteor ejection is the loss of height.

As for Mechakoopas I prefer the standard version the most. It lets me keep something on the field that my opponent has to always think about as being there. 2nd best would probably Big Mech since it does provide good damage I just like my control over that though. As for Impatient mech I really dislike it because of how awkward of a trajectory it is.

My most used sets are probably
Standard, 1221, 3211, and 1121 (this one lets me get Kart hit into Up B Hammer combos at earlier precents which I like)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom