• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] Textures Mis-mapped in game.

lowbro

Smash Cadet
I would post this in Brawl Workshop, but it's so slow over there. Anyways, I'm importing a Ness model, but his eye and hair textures are being replaced with other textures in-game (even though they display fine in BrawlBox):

His hair texture is replaced with is bat texture, and his eye texture is replaced with his skin texture.
Can anyone help me out? I've searched through BrawlBox to try to solve it, and I couldn't figure it out...

(The rigging isn't polished yet and I haven't rigged his fingers yet)

Last edited:

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
Nothing to test it on right now, but in that original shot it looks like every texture in the file you linked that isn't CMPR format are the ones giving you trouble. Like, all of them as far as I can see. Maybe try re-encoding them as CMPR and see if that changes anything?

lowbro

Smash Cadet
okay, I fixed it by basically redoing the materials in BrawlBox... now I just have to fix how his eye texture reflects light so brightly

Top Bottom