• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Snapping the Ledge!

Steegan

Smash Rookie
I'm having a ton of fun playing Luigi, but for whatever reason I'm not snapping the edge immediately. Instead I'm going above the ledge and getting consistently punished. I'm not pressing down to keep myself from snapping the ledge. I've tried using and not using my second jump. Is there anything I'm missing?

Even if they don't involve my primary question, I'd love some recovery tips! It's my only gripe with potentially my new main.

Last edited:

TheHappyDino7

Smash Rookie
It's really just how low you recover, that's the issue. Try to U-Special at a certain point in training mode to find that perfect ledge snap. However, this could lead to punishes for Luigi, so be cautious. Also try recovering using his D-Special as well, be sure to jump then spam the button, he can go crazy distances horizontal. I usually go real high up, and just drop to the ledge, confusing the opponent. It's really just the way you recover, try training mode.
Hope this helps

RobC

Smash Rookie
You can use your double jump with a fireball to rise above the ledge and pressure them with a fireball. You'll grab the ledge on the way down. This is easy to punish if they're right at the ledge so beware.

If you are launched high and off stage try to use SideB immediately. It will leave you in a better position to drift back to the stage without jumping at all especially when combined with cyclone. There's also chance for a misfire that will launch you right above the ledge. Beware some characters can punish you at this height if you're in free fall after the SideB.

Always mix up your recovery. Luigi has a lot of options to mix-up his position so be creative. Be wild as you learn what works and what doesn't. It will pay off later when you have unpredictable recovery with your new main.

Top Bottom