• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help - Short-hop Forward-Air Attack

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi there. I need some help. How do I do a short-hop Forward-Air attack? I hate using forward-air and then floating up so high because it leaves me vulnerable. I am able to short-hop forward-air sometimes, but I don't know how to control it 100%. Any help is appreciated.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Wow, thanks mate! That was a lot easier than I thought. However, it does feel a bit awkward hitting Y/X and then moving my fingers down to the C-stick immediately, but I will get used to it. Thanks. Now I have yet another powerful weapon against my foes. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Also, if you like using the control stick, you could just tap upwards on that and then hit the C stick.

The idea behind shorthopping is that you release the jump button (or direction) before you leave the ground....so, jeah.

Top Bottom