• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Please

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I was wondering if someone could kinda tutor me on chaingrabbing. I really can't get the timing right on shield cancel grabs and I was wondering if perhaps someone could give me a hand on this. If you're interested in helping, PM me. I would really appreciate this. :dedede:

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
have you checked the sticky?

It has pretty good info. And includes people you can't chaingrab if you've been selecting such people to practice on.

It's too hard to get it down with some practice. It's really about the timing of when you dash after you've down thrown and SHIELD GRAB not regular grab.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
have you checked the sticky?

It has pretty good info. And includes people you can't chaingrab if you've been selecting such people to practice on.

It's too hard to get it down with some practice. It's really about the timing of when you dash after you've down thrown and SHIELD GRAB not regular grab.
Yea, but I find it hard to do by just looking at words and trying. I learn a lot better by seeing other players do it. Which is what I'm asking, if there's anyone who is willing to exchange codes so they can teach/help me.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
It's really easy.

Go into training mode and move the computer to the edge. Then, away from the computer, do a dash.

From that, do a shield.

While still holding shield, press A, but make sure you press A AFTER the shield.

Then practice doing that faster. If Dedede does a tumbling motion, you're doing it wrong. Keep practicing that until you can do it consistently.

Then once you get that bring the computer in to the mix. Do the same thing, but then press down afterwards. So it's Dash -> Shield ->A ->Down. If you do it right, going from one end of the stage to the other, you should get them to around 40% damage.

Top Bottom