• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help needed to have a big Maryland Smash tourney!

Baltimarth

Smash Cadet
Hello players of the Melee esports community. I'm Baltimarth and after attending many tournaments like S@X, I would like to host one of my own. I'm asking if anyone would like to assist me in hosting a tournament in Harford County, MD. A possible venue could be something such as an American Legion, arcade, or comic book store. Getting a venue is no issue, but the issue I have is setups. Nobody has 20 setups and 20 CRTs sitting around their house at age 17. If I could get help from the community to get setups from this tournament, this tournament can happen. I'm considering planning it in the spring so I can get setups ready and stuff in time before the tournament. The tournament is going to be titled "Harco Throwdown", and I'm trying to get as many people as I can to come. I'm thinking about the venue fee being $5, $5 for each category such as melee doubles and melee singles, and those who provide CRTs and setups are only required to pay for the venue fee alone. Anyone who's willing to help me make this tournament, I know the tournament has a lot of potential because the Melee community is one of the best gaming communities of all time.

Garbage Chic

Smash Rookie
Upstate NY (Capitol Region ) / Towson, MD
I've not been to tourneys so Idk how much help id be overall but I (well me and my roommate) have 2 crts and 2 set-ups. I know a couple other people at my school who also have some depending when this is and all of our availability. I could also potentially get a 3rd set up/crt from home but I'd need to figure out putting 20xx on my wii. PM me if it'l help.

Top Bottom