• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Weegee

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing for 2 years now, but I've taken two 6ish month breaks and I just came back, this was my first tourney in forever. I would appreciate some help with my luigi, aside from the tech skill stuff. General strategies are ok but I'm really looking for some decision making advice from some of the better weegees out there. (I play with Tai, Taj, Axe, and Forward fairly often so I am pretty defensive and always overestimate my opponents lol)

This first match the opponent isn't great so it's just to show that I have ok tech skill, because in my other matches I kind of got too nervous and it got really ****ty lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FdUAfi2LV0&feature=channel_video_title

Then these two are both good AZ players, Okami is ranked
Me vs. Okami: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRgLx9pKk&feature=channel_video_title
Me vs. Frosty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFgnvy-AFt8&feature=channel_video_title (I played him alot today and went fairly even)

P.s. I know that I ledgehop fair too much, and grab OOS against falco too much. Other than that advice would be great. I roll a lot because I play Axe and Forward too much QQ

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm gonna keep this kinda brief otherwise I'll probably lose motivation to post...

BTW this is pretty general commentary. There's probably a lot of specific things that could be said but I'm focusing mostly on consistently obvious things I would likely change.

-Save your double jumps. Your double jump should rarely be used before your foward-b when recovering. Also, don't double jump to hit someone when there's a good chance that you'll trade hits or when you may be the only one getting it.

-Don't let grab combo's go to waste. I saw a number of opportunities where you could at the very least get another hit in after a throw but you ended up missing.

-As you've pointed out, way too much ledgehop fair and predictable rolling. Try substituting ledgedashes in instead.. If you are going to ledgehop fair, make the fair come out really late or double aerial but space / time it so that you don't get hit OOS.

-Work on pressuring falco more... Just try to make him feel bad about himself lol. Like once you get a hit / grab in, don't let up. Even if you mess up the combo or something, you should be on him like white on rice when you can so that you can exploit how easily combo'd / killed he can be.

I'll update this as much as possible if I get the chance

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
GET ON THE EDGE WHEN YOU KNOCK SHEIK OFFSTAGE. Pretty much every time you just let him get it. If you get on the edge fast enough you can ledgehop invincible bair to stop him if he tries to get the edge with his double jump. Then you can regrab the edge, force him to land onstage, and profit.

Most of the other stuff is hard to describe through a post, or Vist/yourself already covered it

Oh and don't waveland on platforms randomly so much.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
is essential to have control of the 1st lvl platform. you need to have good ground control. jumping a lot is bad with luigi, and even worse against sheik.

Top Bottom