• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Ganon (videos included)

Animage

Smash Cadet
(1st match only)
I know I was being real stupid picking ganon against link (literally what went through my head was "hmm link will probably beat marth so I should go ganon against him" which is pretty dumb on my part)

start at 5:20

Does ganon have any good matchups? That aren't outclassed by the characters in my signature?
Thanks for help guys

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Looks mostly solid, but I don't think you used ftilt or dtilt once in that match against Link. They can both come from jabs pretty easily, and aerial flame choke>jab>ftilt/dtilt at low percents is pretty ballin. You could also incorporate more nairs in the neutral game, uairs wouldn't hurt too much either.

I don't get to play enough different characters to say much about the matchups, but Ganon seems to do well against other big projectile-deficient characters (Bowser, DK, other Ganons).

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
LOOOOOL I had no idea that existed, that is not me. :p

It's kind of tricky, but I pretty much use them whenever I want to jab but they're a little far away, or to stuff approaches (angled up ftilt on Jigglypuff coming in with bairs, for example). The down-angled ftilt can edgeguard some characters easily as well.

You can also use them to help put up a wall, using auto canceled nairs into a jab, dtilt, or ftilt, though it's most effective against close-ranged characters that like to approach and try to punish you. Arty's sort of "the guy" for this.

Another thing you could look into is perfect wavelands. It looked like you didn't get very much distance off of your wavelands (if that was intentional then disregard this :p). The timing is really lenient on Ganon compared to other characters for perfect wavelands (wavedash completely horizontally on a platform/the ground), and you can get a lot of movement that people don't expect out of it.

You can also sh bair/upair > perfect waveland as a spacing tool, the timing is relatively easy once you get it under your fingers. You can throw out bairs and waveland away to be more cautious, or waveland in and put on the pressure.

It occurred to me that you probably ought to post those in the Ganon video critique thread if you want advice from more people :)

Animage

Smash Cadet
I didn't even know there was a ganon critique thread, which is why i made this thread in the first place lol
and ggs baz, games were fun :p

Top Bottom