• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Falco Please!

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
First off, good falco.
-Try to do waveshines more and shine multiple times into his shield.

-For a more Marth specific piece of advice, use more SHLs, they're the pwn against Marth to halt his movement. Also, try to make them a tad bit quicker.

-I don't know what the dtilts were about, but try not to use them so much. Wavedash -> Shine -> waveshine or a ftilt for spacing, or even a dsmash, but don't use Dtilt so much. I think the killing % for Marth should be in the 120's, then you can use them as you wish.

-----------------------------------------
To practice waveshining, you're going to want to get it down first, so that's easy, just shine, jump, wavedash, shine, repeat, simple. However, when you hit someone with your shine, you get 4 extra frames of lag, be ready to do both the hit lag and the non hit waveshines. To do the ones with hitlag, go to melee mode, have two controllers plugged in with the other one on bowser as a human controlled player. Go to options, set the damage ratio to .5 and turn handicap on. Put Bowser's handicap at 9 and yours at 1. Go into a match (FD is an ideal level), pause it, unplug controller two, hold up on the control stick, replug it, and press start. This centers the controller as up and therefore when it rests at neutral, bowser crouch cancels. You can shine him to 999 without his moving (Dairs will make him pop up though, sadly). This is a way to both practice waveshining (can waveshine from one side to the other and back and forth and back and forth.... etc.) as well as learning how to properly Pillar, which is something that you weren't using that you'll need to learn eventually.

For the SHL timing, just work with it some more, they look good, but they could be a bit better (not a huge problem, don't get me wrong <3)

As for not using Dtilts, just play more and try to avoid using them so much... that's all you can really do.

All in all, good Falco man, keep it up, you're doing really well =)

Majolley

Smash Rookie
Wow! Thanks a ton for the advice, I'll probably practice that tonight and against my marth friend again.

I should have some more videos posted by the end of today as well.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
-you might also wanna work on your recovery, I noticed a time where you could have EHDL and instead jumped back and phantasm'd so you might wanna work on once you're on the edge
-waveshining as said above
- aslo work on your SHL height alot of the shots were hitting over marth's head so you wanna get tose down so when you're playing characters like mario you hit every time

Majolley

Smash Rookie
Yeah... about EHDLing.

My ledgehops aren't going low enough- every time I do EHDL's my shots are either too high, or only one fires. How low off the ledge are you supposed to drop?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
dtilt is a legit move for getting vertical KOs. i wouldn't force it, but if you are in position and your opponent is around 105 (maybe even lower for marth), you can use it to kill.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
for EDHL I'm far from mastering it my self but I seem to let myself fall down about one of falco's body lengths then jump seems to work decent, I would just work on it with your own timing and see if you can perfect the height which is how i'm practicing it. If you come up witha good way to do it let me know as well

Leoneri

Smash Ace
For EHDL, I don't know how to get it yet my self, but I do know when not to jump back up. At first I wasn't getting two lasers off so I went and tried to lightly bring the control stick down and smash it up, so it wasn't even noticeable that I had dropped, only jumped, fired, and DI'd. But now the lasers are too high >.>.

And I envy you having a friend nearby that plays Smash with reasonable skill...I have friends who think there is an invincible Shadow Luigi and that wavedashing is stupid >.>

Would it be bad if I made a topic about Falco and his advanced techs, but not all of the main stuff in the guide by bornfidelity? Maybe go into more detail than that guide? (On techs I mean) Because there have been a lot of topics on waveshining and EHDL most noticeably lately.

Top Bottom