• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with my olimar*New vids uploaded*

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
That match was generally . . . that`s not what you want to hear, is it?

Three words: Aer-i-als
You should also do your Pikmin Pluck at a safer distance, or a distance farther away from your opponent.
Don`t stop - keep attacking him. There was a lenghty period of time where Marth had just come out from being revived and you just stood there.

There are more areas where you can improve on, but I`ll left the other posters here tell you
; )

slayeriku

Smash Cadet
You mean after he died? I waited because he was probably doing something else and it wouldnt be fair to kill him while he's not there is it :p

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Alright - good things first - Good grab usage for the most part, however be careful waiting for them to attack to react, a good marth is not going to land in front of you for you to grab him. Secondly - great use of the up b for the kill at the end, you gave away your idea earlier but he still wasn't ready.

things to improve - throw your pikmin - there were times when you stood face to face with your opponent - throw pikman and move CONSTANTLY - there is no reason to not do this. Secondly - Listen to Fredd - aerials are so important with olly - you should be doing them whenever you and the opponent are both in the air at the very very least. Finally - keep track of pikmin order - blue pikman should lead into grabs, purple and white should be throw, red/yellow good for smashes so on and so on. Remember that your down b orders them for you along with saf frames.

Good Luck!

hikikimori

Smash Rookie
a lot of that video just seemed like you two just stood around waiting for something to happen. who were you playing?

i find that the best way to see the flaws in my play style is to play a higher tier of player, pretty much get pummeled by peeps who are way better than me, which isn't hard considering i'm not the greatest of players to begin with.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what i could tell, the player you played against had more issues than u did :). He jumped into your grabs and marth kept using his counter in not so good situations for him. Don't expect that from better players. U could easily throw your pikmen more, and short hop your and juggle w/ your airs a bit more. i agree w/ most everyone on this thread that u weren't aggressive enough to keep marth's hands full. Also, try practicing your edge guarding and edge hogging more, as that could have become useful in a couple places. Also, I saw a couple times where u used an upsmash for no reason.(sorry, that sounds harsh :() if u were anticipating a badly timed short hop-dair from marth, idk, but don't do that.

-keep using oli.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey dude, i hate to say this b/c you probably don't want to hear it, but the 1v1 was a lot better. :/ trips aren't a big test of skill, and it seemed like you changed your whole playing style when u went to the online match. (I don't blame you though, it's not 1v1) Try posting vids of 1v1. I can critique your playing w/olimar when u do that. :)

From the 2nd video i saw, if u really want to hear it... nvm this is pointless. U did alright.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
In regards to your Game & Watch video;

What were you doing!
Don`t wait for your opponent to recover.
A majority of your opponent`s vulnerability lies in his/her recovery.
Your aerials got a tad bit better, but there`s always room for improvement ~

slayeriku

Smash Cadet
In regards to your Game & Watch video;

What were you doing!
Don`t wait for your opponent to recover.
A majority of your opponent`s vulnerability lies in his/her recovery.
Your aerials got a tad bit better, but there`s always room for improvement ~

How should i stop them from recovering?

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the Zelda vid. try not to rely on the roll followed by Dsmash. It is a good kill move, but used too much it loses some dmg and knockback. Also to approach try some short-hop fairs. I know its hard with the Din fire, but there were some opportunities for it. But overall pretty good job.

slayeriku

Smash Cadet
Just watched the Zelda vid. try not to rely on the roll followed by Dsmash. It is a good kill move, but used too much it loses some dmg and knockback. Also to approach try some short-hop fairs. I know its hard with the Din fire, but there were some opportunities for it. But overall pretty good job.
Yea, after watching it, i saw some good oppurtunities to SH fair while, or right after that crystal thingy

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
You seem to rely on your Dsmash too much, even when it's not there. In some circumstances, a Grab would have been better. Work on your approaches.. don't roll towards the opponent. Utilize SH Fairs. Try a latch before you downthrow into Fair.

MightyRoar

Smash Rookie
don't stay grounded. and use the buttons! most of the attacks you used were smashes. that's not a bad thing, but there are better options than smashes in some situations, tilts and jabs for instance. in that G&W match, i kept seeing you try to hit him with either pikmin latch or f-smash with no connects at all. sometimes your attempt at grabbing was stopped too. if you ever find yourself in this situation, attack from the air.

on another note, keep moving. don't just stand there expecting something to happen. you're playing good, but it'll get better if you keep moving and have your opponent guessing what you'll do next.

Top Bottom