• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help me please

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.

this always happens when i start my computer now
the top window pops up first
after i click okay, it disappears and the bottom one appears
after i click martin van buren (old kinderhook) on the second one, my startup applications run (this consists of google talk and nod32)
tell me how i get rid of this please, it's very bothersome

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
im taking a guess and saying it could be some error in your registry, search this in Google> Windows Registry Repair Pro. im not exactly sure if thats the problem or not, but you should run this program every once in a while. and also, on start up, you may get a dialogue box talking about trayapp, just go to the task manager and "end task" it
it could take awhile for it to complete the programs task to be patient

good luck and i hope i helped

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did it just start happening recently? You could do a system-restore to before that time. Quick and easy.

But keep a watchful eye for other odd behavior from your computer. I wouldn't say that a virus is too far fetched to be causing that issue.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
well i did delete some duplicate files that were "system files" and it started happening after that and i have no idea what i deleted
XD that's never a good idea. Now it'll continue to do that until those files are back. Like the other guy said, try doing a system restore.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

yeah i tried doing a system restore right after i deleted the files and saw the error come up but it still comes up ugh
also let me tell you i am missing the windows XP theme because of it
your computer is loading a program at start up.

Possible fixes.

1)restore registry files to initial state with your xp disk.
2)go to start -> program files -> start up -> delete what appears to be missing there. This will cause whatevers loading to stop loading so those errors wont occur because your computer is trying to load a start up file.
3) if all else fails turn off whats causing it from the registry. goto start run command in the box type regedit. Delete it from your registry

you said its a theme problem well if you are running on an xp / vista specific theme i expect you to to change the them for the mean while otherwise install a new theme. If not I would get vista inspirat 2.0 as a theme its not only fast but works wonders.

I would also run a virus scan check after all this to make sure u dont have a virus. Hijackthis would help.

In the future also dont do system restore I suggest you back up your hard drive with norton ghost. I got 3 copies of mine unless it crashes i can restore in minutes to the initial state.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
my xp theme is completely wiped out from my computer
that means i cant even use the blue, silver, or green bars.
and how do i know which entry it is in regedit?
trust me there is nothing in my startup entries that i am not aware of, but i cannot locate this issue. i've shut off everything, but it still appears. and no i do not have a virus if you are wondering.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

my xp theme is completely wiped out from my computer
that means i cant even use the blue, silver, or green bars.
and how do i know which entry it is in regedit?
trust me there is nothing in my startup entries that i am not aware of, but i cannot locate this issue. i've shut off everything, but it still appears. and no i do not have a virus if you are wondering.
what you could do is go to start > run > msconfig, it brings up a box with tabs.

Next go to startup, uncheck the box that you might think the error message is comming from. If not download vista inspirat from a torrent or something.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

man thanks dude that one didn't appear on any startup editor programs
im glad you resolved the issue. If you look to the right and find the location , its the location of the key in the registry.

What you can do to remove it completely is go to

start > run > regedit > look for that path shown there and delete the registry key, and your computer would be even cleaner. but if things work already you shouldnt care.

Top Bottom