• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help me chaingrab luigi

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I cant seem to do it. I can do it with everyone else he can chaingrab but luigi seems to move too far away. Suggestions?

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
I cant seem to do it. I can do it with everyone else he can chaingrab but luigi seems to move too far away. Suggestions?
you want us to help you chaingrab him? should i hold him down while you run at him
hahaha, no, some characters are invincible to the chaingrab of DDDOOM, but have no fear...where the chaingrab fails the (heavenly chorus) FACEPLANT, comes into play...

if luigi goes into fall position and you think he will roll, run forward and EAT THE GROUND with your face.
this has given me so many KO's, its like jigglypuffs rest in melee

if that doesnt work, then try an Ftilt after you dthrow, i dont remember how far luigi goes exactly so this might not even reach him...
you dont need chaingrabs to beat weegi anyway, he is so floaty, if you get him in the air you can outrange him with most aerials.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
With Luigi, if you grab the INSTANT your dthrow is over, you can grab him again without going anywhere. If you're quick enough with it, you can infinite chaingrab him without moving an inch.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
With Luigi, if you grab the INSTANT your dthrow is over, you can grab him again without going anywhere. If you're quick enough with it, you can infinite chaingrab him without moving an inch.
Yeah, I know about that. But when I do it, I just shield instead.... its weird. But eh, cant you just do the regular dash shield-grab down throw repeat combo on luigi? It isnt working for me.

VoiceOfDoom

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know about that. But when I do it, I just shield instead.... its weird. But eh, cant you just do the regular dash shield-grab down throw repeat combo on luigi? It isnt working for me.
Just work on your timing, that just means you are pressing grab a tiny bit to early.

Top Bottom