• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help fighting Squirtle

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Charizard gets the Banana ****, Ivysaur gets owned by the combos, but squirtle is so hard to play against. People spam that side B and i dont know how to stop it all the time. I know if you footstool him, u get a free anything, but other than that, there's pretty much nothin I can do until they slip up. Also, his Fair to A,A,A combo is a headache. How do you stop this turtle?

Please respond, I need help asap. I have a tourney comin up in my hometown and the only person I have problems with, uses pokemon trainer.

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
Don't play the aeiral whatever you do. I think, I'm not sure though, that arrows stop Squirtle's side-B. Focus on Link's ranged game because Squirtle owns the hell outta Link up close.

D

Deleted member

Charizard gets the Banana ****, Ivysaur gets owned by the combos, but squirtle is so hard to play against. People spam that side B and i dont know how to stop it all the time. I know if you footstool him, u get a free anything, but other than that, there's pretty much nothin I can do until they slip up. Also, his Fair to A,A,A combo is a headache. How do you stop this turtle?

Please respond, I need help asap. I have a tourney comin up in my hometown and the only person I have problems with, uses pokemon trainer.
um...any move you do stops the >b.............

if he comes at you, jab or jump and throw the gb at him

if you use good spacing squirtle is trash and shouldn't even be worried about. the nair ***** him too hard and the zair edgeguard gimps him hardcore.

Don't play the aeiral whatever you do. I think, I'm not sure though, that arrows stop Squirtle's side-B. Focus on Link's ranged game because Squirtle owns the hell outta Link up close.
LOL, PT as a whole has nothing on link, thats how bad he is. squirtle of course is the best transformation pt has but still he's no match for link.

you have to use tilts, down smash to kill, and bombs. if you do that then squirtle is an easy victory.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
I think you can Crouch and Block his spin but I wouldnt recomend it. Use your tilts, Boomarang, or smashes

Top Bottom