• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help fighting Squirtle

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Charizard gets the Banana ****, Ivysaur gets owned by the combos, but squirtle is so hard to play against. People spam that side B and i dont know how to stop it all the time. I know if you footstool him, u get a free anything, but other than that, there's pretty much nothin I can do until they slip up. Also, his Fair to A,A,A combo is a headache. How do you stop this turtle?

Please respond, I need help asap. I have a tourney comin up in my hometown and the only person I have problems with, uses pokemon trainer.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Stop Squirtle's Side+B... Counter???

Squirtle should be decently average against Ike... Only thing that makes Squirtle>Ike is his Water Gun that pushes you... Darn Ike's horrible recovery...

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. A good squirtle should not be spamming Withdraw unless they're recovering or something like that. You should counter it all the time. Otherwise, simply jump on top of it. It's squirtle's worst move imho. No one should be spamming it.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well this is a first, someone whose actually having trouble with a PT but only because he's a ninja ****** :]
Anyways, shieldgrab his Fairs if he does in front of you. Counter alot just knock him out of the stage. Use AA into grabs/pivot grabs. A good squirtle never spams withdraw and spams hydroplanning that's fo sho

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Because of squirtle's short range he is easily shield grabbed. In this match up your gonna want to play defensively and slow the tempo down (Squirtle won't like that with his fast paced playstyle). The mains moves he'll use are is fair, bair & nair. All of those he can be shield grabbed out of.

His withdraw is a move of deception; One can argue that its a safe approch method because as long as squitle is in his shell he's doesn't take damage but still suffer some knockback (Try using it when Zelda is spamming her Din's Fire; it'll piss them off lol) but that also means that counter won't damage him. But it also has some glaring weaknesses: While in his shell he is not ablt to change directions, when used in the air he'll sink like a rock (which makes it a very useless recover technique) & if you manage to jump on his back he'll enter his, "I'm a turlte stuck on my back & I can't get up ..... Forward Smash me please state."

This is IMO an even match up both characters can to some evil things to each other so just keep it cool and everything will be good.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
nairs work nicely for approach you have to match his speed with wit trick him to beat 'em. at least thats what i do and its worked thus far.

overpowering him is easy so you've got that and everyone has a speed advantage vs ike so you should know how to deal with it by now.

Top Bottom