• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help building a PM 3.6 Fullset ISO?

TbanksIV

Smash Rookie
Hey! I did this for 3.5 in the past, but I don't really remember how for some reason.

So what I need to do is combine the PM files with my 7.9gig Brawl ISO, and then take the resulting ISO and turn it into a couple WBFS files.

I am pretttttyyyyy sure I know how to do the second part, and at least there's more information on how to do it on the internet. But what I don't know is the first part.

I saw the big post in this subsection of the PM boards, but it seemed t focus on NetPlay with Dolphin. I only want to play PM on my Wii, and don't need any netplay functionalities. I have also already downloaded the "Homebrew" file from the PM website.

I just can't for the life of me remember how to merge the PM files with the Brawl ISO.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's not necessary to compile an ISO (and it's actually easier not to do so, for future updating). Just put the PM files on the SD card, and in your USB loader, select Brawl, and go to game settings > game load > set Ocarina on, and hooktype AXNextFrame (the exact instructions may vary for other loaders; this is for USB Loader GX).

TbanksIV

Smash Rookie
It's not necessary to compile an ISO (and it's actually easier not to do so, for future updating). Just put the PM files on the SD card, and in your USB loader, select Brawl, and go to game settings > game load > set Ocarina on, and hooktype AXNextFrame (the exact instructions may vary for other loaders; this is for USB Loader GX).
Yeah I tried that back when I was trying to get 3.5 to work and it would always only load up to a black screen no matter what I tried. Only way I got it to work was by compiling the ISO and then using Wiibackupmanager to turn the ISO into 2 WBFS files that I would then load with USB Loader GX from my SD.

TbanksIV

Smash Rookie

I will humor the attempt for 3.6 though just in case something changed.

So where do I put the Homebrew PM files? Just unzip the whole thing into my Root?

Top Bottom