• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Binx with Strategy

Binx

Smash Master
K guys, with the physics engine the way it is, assuming ICs can get inside of projectile spamming characters: IE pit, toon, rob, I am thinking they could do some crazy desynch pressure vs pretty much anyone, also after mastering chain grabs I think they have a great deal of potential, so for the first time in a long time I've decided to actually practice in a video game, even in training mode and such to learn and do ridiculous stuff in smash brothers rather than relying solely on mind games and careful play.

So since my brawl community is still rather small and I don't get to play as often as I'd like to just yet I would love to know what you guys think ICs are capable of, how do you get inside spammers, how do you outspace Marth, have you notice times where grabs are more guaranteed.

What are the current known desynchs.

Also does anyone know if we can pivot into jabs still and have nana dash attack like in melee, I used to do it on accident and I saw Shai talking about how he learned it pretty well, and with the reduce ease of pivoting in brawl I think it would be pretty viable, so if someone can test it out that'd be super.

TY in advance everyone

~Binx

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Projectile spamming doesn't work to well against the IC's sine they can just do desycnched NeutralB and negate all incoming projectiles. So far this has worked for me against all projectile spammers. Against Toon Link and R.O.B. your Ice blocks will consistently interrupt them before they can get off an attack. Against Pit you can shoot out Ice blocks faster then he can shoot out arrows, and he can't reflect your attacks since they'll deteriorate before they reach you. This even works against Falco and his SHDL since the first laser will go over your head, and the second laser will trade with one of the Ice blocks.

One thing I like to do is desynch and make Nana shoot Ice blocks while Popo keeps doing a dashing Usmash. This allows me to negate incoming projectiles while approaching the enemy. I get back to you with more advice later.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
My strategy is primarily composed of two things in Brawl: desynching and shield camping.

Desynching is amazing in this game. Ice Block is an above average projectile because everybody's approach is slooooww. Blizzard is fantastic for approaching because it has real range this game, and enough hitstun that it isn't too punishable. Desynching is effecting just by desynching Ice Blocks, or SH Blizzards. Pivot Desynch is still in, and it's still the best out of any. :p

To shield camp, I just run around as if I'm approaching, and stick my shield up if my opponent gets close in the air. If he or she is on the ground, it probably means that you will be grabbed, so aerial/SH Blizzard instead. If you think that they are going for an aerial, shield. If they land in front of you, grab, if the aerial ends when they are above you or behind you, SH n-air or b-air. Obviously this isn't my entire strategy, but I use this premise a lot and it gives decent players trouble.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
once you desync them they are very good (Nana will shoot an ice shot and popo can run forward )

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
Ice blocks are great for stopping projectiles eve if they aren't very powerful themselves. Blizzards and squall hammers are also good if people refuse to approach you. Just wait for an opening whiles you mess with their shield and you should be able to get some grabs.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Squall hammers are fairly decent as an approach, the priority can cancel out some projectiles and is a good move to grab/combo out of. Psy.

Binx

Smash Master
thanks guys, really helps me out a lot, I've been experimenting with them, and they are once again my favorite character, in fact without items they easily deal the most damage it seems, except maybe olimar, but at the same time being cuter and cooler (rofl at ice puns).

Also their new dash attack is fantastarific.

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
not to mention their SMEXY costume, u know the aquamarine one

that said, i think that getting in close with the IC's is something we shouldn't be focusing on too much, the games campy, and well the IC's are just built to be amazing campers, you can close with desync'd neutral B's if u really want to walk up to the opponent, but with the exception of the links, desync'd ice blocks are devastating they block most other projectiles, and they stop ground approaches so just by spamming those you can hold your opponent off until they decide to approach, and so severely limit their options, that you know they are either going to try to fake you out, or approach from the air, that means that you have half the number of possibilities to deal with as an opponent against your approach.

Top Bottom