• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help ASAP! Struggling with reflectors!

Wigglybear

Smash Rookie
NNID
wigglybear100
Hey! I'm an Olimar main that usually gets the job done when I go to local tournaments at my university, however I have been recently struggling against a Mario player who discovered he can pretty much reflect all my moves lol, any suggestions on over coming the cape?

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
You basically want to bait out and punish the cape. It's a matter of mindgames between you and your opponent.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
How often does the Mario player use the cape? Does he use it when you're about to do a Fsmash? Mix up your actions (purple side B, grab, shield, etc.) when he's closing on on you to keep yourself unpredictable, or try to condition him into using the cape too often to catch him on a mistake.

Last edited:

Wigglybear

Smash Rookie
NNID
wigglybear100
yea he usually uses it when i'm going to f smash and i pretty much know when he's going to use it, the only thing is the purple side B will be reflected back as well and I feel like olimars grab has too much ending lag, any other option besides shield?

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
You can do a Short Hop Fair/Bair. Even thought I strongly recommend to Grab or Tilt. And don't charge a lot your Smashes.

Top Bottom