• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help agianst link

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
ok, my friend mains link, and i second Ylink. when ever i play agianst him im always getting overpowered(links Fsmash, Dsmash) they always seem to hit before i do something. and he spams Nairs very well, i try to avoid by projectile spaming, but ive got no other ideas on how to beat a link with my Ylink.

any suggestions will help:)

Chip.

you know what to do
My brother is a top notch Link main and I play against him daily for like 3 or 4 years so I can prolly give you some darn good advice too. Young Link has a teency advantage in this fight due to his projectiles can be comboed off of better and he is faster as well. If you both are having a spam fight, then always try to stay IN distance of spamming and you don't get too far away for him to out range you. You have to be better at spacing projectiles than him and also find ways to squeeze in between his own spamming gaps. When you get close to him, beware of his sheild grab esp. when you SHFFL nairs at him and either sidestep dodge the attack or counter with an instant jab. If he does grab you, then he can unleash some good combos such as grab->d throw->upB. All I can say is to have good DI when he does it, it'll really save your butt. Also, when a Link is sheilding he might attempt to do an upB out of his shield which is very punishing. To stop it, just expect him to do it frequently when your at high % so just sheild after you SHFFL/attack him since doing it at low % to you you wont be that effective and he prolly wont attempt doing grab->upB when your high % since you can jump out of it after the grab. Remember that spamed u-air's **** Link when he's above you, which you can do when he's at high % do an up throw with your grab. Good finishers against Link are SHFFL'd nairs, d-smashes, bomb->dair (aka known as Bomb Plant) or point blank boomerang->dair. When edgegaurding, jumping off and nair or d-smashing are both effective ways of finishing him off. When he hookshots for recovery, wait until he launches it and before it latches, nair him. When he's coming from below with an upB recov. then d-smash him but make sure not to get hit from his attack. If he hookshots from very far underneath the stage (FD for example), then Bomb Plant him when he's attempting to jump up and grap the sweetspot. When your recovering from the edge, Link's best edgegaurd would be a nair off the edge so beware of it. Try and 'Maneveur' from it while your airbourne and so he doesn't hit you, or pull a bomb and hit him, or try and grab the ledge before he jumps off to do it. Spaming, spacing, smart SHFFL's, grabing, d-smash and up smash, Bomb Plants, good defense, and great mindgames are what will make you win the day.

Chip.

you know what to do
This is a double post, but it's been like two weeks before the last post.

..>.>.... uhh, is anyone else going to input their opinion on this thread :D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have invariably heard Link players tell me that Young Link is better in a Link vs Young Link duel. Link cannot keep up with Young Link's insane barrage.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
I have invariably heard Link players tell me that Young Link is better in a Link vs Young Link duel. Link cannot keep up with Young Link's insane barrage.
The only thing that i see why a link could win against y.link is his range but that's about it.

And no i don't play link i know this from experience from fighting my friend where he does a gay combo when your near the edge of a stage when he does the Dgrab Up B move and since it spikes you cant get up fast enough and if you do get up he'll either edgehog or spike you with the up B

Chip.

you know what to do
Try to Smash DI it.

DI away from him first when he throws you, then smash towards him when the spin hits you.

If done correctly, you'll hardly go anywhere at all :]

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think doing a DI-up against Link's up-B is most effective. Last I checked, DI'ing directly against the grain was not too effective.

pdk

Smash Lord
shield wavedash to grab, that's your best friend

uncharged arrows are your second-best friend

Top Bottom