• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Samus..

B1ah

Smash Rookie
Man I hate samus, a lot of players just spam their beams, which I can use the nikita since it goes torugh the missiles but the beam sends it fliying up. Whats a good strategy? I know I can duck and the super missiles won't hit, but the homing missile is anoying.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
You wanna get in close. Much like Snake, Toon Link and...well regular Link, Samus thrives on using her variety of attacks to keep a distance between you. Nikita's too slow, and her moves can redirect it, try resorting to using C4 to keep her in a contained area and cook some gernades to keep her moving. When you get in close, use AAA or Dtilt to soften her up then FTilt or Utilt for the kill.

B1ah

Smash Rookie
Hmm that blond kid from earthbound is just as anoying. Easier said than done with samus, those bombs are very annoying. I just don't know how to use his qcq effectively, although I have no probs with young link, online they usualy down+A on the air and I just shield grenade them, I never realized how useful his prone+A was, If someones rushing I can just kick and it will usually hit them. Also I'm not sure if you guys know this but if you block you'll see the shield glow white, when its glowing you can set up a bomb on their faces, it can sometime go off the character into snake for some reason.

And why am I the only snake I've ever seen online? I got this game since the 9th and ive not seen a single snake player on open or friends brawl.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Snakes a hard to use charicter. Most people try him out but don't have the patients to truly master him so they go witha meta night or samus. And I like your Sheild c4 tactic i might try that.

As for samus don't worry of you bomb gets sent up. Just adjust the tragectory and make it go straigt again. Then when your over samus Just drop it with L. an uncharged samus beam doesn't go as fast as a strait flying nikata so don't worry about getting hit with the second blast. I should mention this is all theory based on how i know snakes missle works and im not at my wii so you should test this out.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
If Samus is spamming missiles, hold the A button. Your rapid jabbing cancels them all out.
If Samus is using charged shot, fire a Nikita. It'll cancel out missiles and charge shots.
Keep doing one of those two until Samus gets bored of spamming missiles.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
Snakes a hard to use charicter. Most people try him out but don't have the patients to truly master him so they go witha meta night or samus. And I like your Sheild c4 tactic i might try that.

As for samus don't worry of you bomb gets sent up. Just adjust the tragectory and make it go straigt again. Then when your over samus Just drop it with L. an uncharged samus beam doesn't go as fast as a strait flying nikata so don't worry about getting hit with the second blast. I should mention this is all theory based on how i know snakes missle works and im not at my wii so you should test this out.
Few problems with your post.

1- You're right many people don't have the patience to master Snake, but they don't go to MK or Samus. They go to Ike or Pit. Samus mains/users are starting to drop like flies as a matter of fact cause she is a LOT harder to be good with than both previous Smash incarnations. MK maybe, but out of the swordsmen with the exception of maybe Link, MK is probably the hardest to be good with because aside from his fsmash, he has trouble KO'ing.

2- If I zair a nikita and it gets sent up. Guess what? You won't have time to adjust the trajectory because I'll already have closed the gap, grabbed you, dthrowed and then proceeded to do a 20-40% damage combo while you're in all that lag. Fun fact also, uncharged beam shots knock nikitas off trajectory.

3- Know one thing that kind of throws my zair spam off and forces my timing to be better.
Nade spam. It's pretty annoying sometimes and there's some Snakes I've fought that are pretty good at using it to close the gap, generally with a Snakedash. His jab combo works for being overall pesky too.

If I were to make a list of my hardest to easiest match-ups as Samus. Snake would be somewhere in the middle, leaning towards the easiest side.

My main problem with Snake isn't doing damage to him, that's cake. He is however, a massive annoyance to KO and I dread the thought of trying to KO a Snake regardless of skill level.

Edit: The guy above me posted while I was writing this, he's right on the counters.
Only problem is missile spam has been replaced by zair spam and any Samus who doesn't wait till you're in some kind of lag or some other kind of situation where you generally can't avoid it to blow a charged shot deserves to have it wasted by a nikita.

Top Bottom