• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Roy/Chrom (online)

Delphinus

Smash Rookie
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
My mains are Peach and Pikachu, looking for any advice anyone can offer for dealing with these two. (Honestly, I struggle against most of the swordies). I just feel like I'm out-ranged and/or out-prioritized no matter if I go for air or ground attacks, and when I try to shield their attacks and punish, there doesn't seem to ever be enough lag after their attacks for me to get an attack of my own out before they shield or dodge. Honestly, I don't know how people manage dodging consistently with online latency. I guess that's one weakness I need to work on.

Last edited:

Cam61

Smash Rookie
Well the easiest way would be to throw them off stage and hit them with turnips or thunder jolt from a safe distance. In neutral don't let them dictate the pace if a roy/chrom controls pacing in neutral you either have to want a fast pace rushdown or you will get bodied. Using thunder jolt or turnip to bait out a move then grabbing them is good if you have the speed, spacing, or reaction time needed. Also if you're going against lower gsp players they will probably have a habit of using counter when under stress. If you notice this rather than continuing your normal combos cut them short and go for a grab. If going against higher gsp players make sure to mix up your ledge getups and tech movements. If you can avoid it try not to tech roll towards them. If you land near the edge of the stage and rolling towards them will put you behind them that's ok because worst case they hit you and you get sent offstage on the otherside but wave landing then shielding to prevent a roll read or jump read is a safer option in that scenario.

Ceru

Smash Rookie
Well with Pika you can camp with TJolt until they throw out an unsafe air move and then punish with your faster stuff. Peach idk, I don't know enough about her.

If you don't know how to do it already I'd invest in b-reverse/wave bouncing your TJolts. Roy really wants to condition YOU into doing something dumb but if you're camping/zoning the hell out of him the situation becomes reversed

Top Bottom