• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Rob

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
hey, buni here

my friend, who is a really good smasher, you may know him, Burnt Socks, mains yoshi and rob. i don't need help w/ yoshi, although couple of tips may be appreciated.

What i need major help on is his rob. his rob is very good and unfortunaly, rob is a bad match-up for diddy.
i need major help peoples, not only for him, but a couple of good people in san diego, play rob.

help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
i may put vids on later of me smashing w/ diddy and this will probably end up being my video thread along w/ tips against rob

thnx,
buni

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
ROB is top tier.

So, watch out for ROBs high priority Nair. Also banana camp him.

ROB is an extremely gay character to play so you'll have to outgay him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you can spike rob at mid-high damage. you just have to make sure he doesn't predict your spike and do a nair.

to beat rob just take it one hit at a time, you arent going to do too much aerial chaining. cuz as soon as you knock him into the air he's gona nair...and nair has zero landing lag, so always block after the nair if he lands with it. if he's inthe air, wait for the nair and go kick em.

also watch fo the laser. you can usually see it coming though, just block.

use bananas. keep em out there. don't let him control the stage. he can do that.

also watch out for spotdodge d-smash. Learn the timing of moves so you don't get spotdodge. or fool him in to spot dodge downsmash. block it and punish em.

diddy > rob, you just hav eto adjust your playstyle.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He's really easy to spike when recovering back to the stage, use this to your advantage.

And Yoshi is pretty easy really.

Top Bottom