• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Fox

MTGEL33T

Smash Rookie
So, I'm about to go to a local tournament of about 40ish people and I'm trying to prep up for it. Last time I went I was able to get into the bracket far enough to start fighting all the space animal mains (I play Sheik), and I was completely new to this match up. I had played against them before, but none quite as technical as these. Anywho, does anyone have any particular tips they feel they could share with me that would make the match up easier?

Scroll

Smash Ace
You will get rushed down all the time and shield pressured.
Be comportable in your shield - don't act as soon as you get hit.
Look for badly spaced/high aerials on your shield and Nair OoS on those.
If possible have a friend practice with you. He should practice shield pressure and you should try and get out.
Apart from that you can always practice on your reactionary tech chase with 20XX hack pack. Do you have this?

MTGEL33T

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I do not, nor do I have a friend who is skilled enough to play Fox or Falco to practice with :\

Scroll

Smash Ace
It's is not awfully hard to get 20XX working on your computer, but even then in order for it to do badly spaced shield pressure you kinda need to intentionally force it youself, so that aspect would not be very helpful.
I'd say abuse WD OoS then. It's very safe.
With zero real practice beforehand WD OoS is your best bet. Try and reset to neutral.
Do not try and sheild grab the fox!

And every time a Fox grabs you, press and hold left or right until his follow up on the throw is over.
He will upthrow you 90% of the time into Upsmash or Upair. You want to DI both the throw, ASDI the first hit of Upair and survival DI Upsmash and Upair. Simply holding to a side takes care of all of that!

Top Bottom