• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HELP against Diddy! I just can't deal with it!

Lord Puff IV

Smash Rookie
So I have been playing for a while and I got a friend who only uses Diddy Kong. I win sometimes, he wins sometimes, but he ALWAYS do the same thing over and over again and is frustating to know how he is going to hit you and be unable to do nothing. My friend always does a DashDance (DD) then goes for a DashAattack (DA) and continues using his DA until I'm out of the stage then he proccedes to go for his DownAir (Dair) if he succeds and hit me he got back to the stage. If I dodged the Dair he's going to try to hit me with the (Up+B) spike! and if ALL of that fails then he's just going to edge-guard with his peanuts!

Any ideas on how to escape this combo?
How to escape his DashAttack?
How to DI his DashAttack anyone?

I have tried using a lot of characters to punish him but my best is Squirtle as Squirtle Side+B is unaffected by the bananas!
I have tried:
-Squirtle
-Falco
-Fox
-Sheik
-Marth
-Captain Falcon
-DK

And as I stated before we are on the same level we both do SHFFL,Wavedash,etc. Basic "Advanced Moves", but what frustates me is that I already KNOW what's his strategy and I can't punish him as much as I'll like!

DashDance-->Dash Attack*(Repeat until out of the stage)-->Dair-->Up+B Spike-->Peanut Edguard

That's his whole gameplay! I wanna progress as a player but I can't if my training buddy repeats the same thing over and over again. So I need to really punish him to make him change his gameplay, but I just can't.

Any help from your Diddy Players is appreciated any tips on things that are hard for Diddy, DI's or things you hate are welcome!

Thanks in Advance!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
If you know the dash attack is coming, just crouch cancel it. As soon as you see him dash dancing around, hold down and you wont go anywhere when he dash attacks you. You can then easily punish him. Youll pretty much be free to do anything while hes still rolling past you/still in cooldown lag.

If ever, you do get hit by a dash attack, getting hit over and over by it means you are using poor DI. People I have been playing used to try to DI upwards/inwards which only works if youre being hit near the beginning of the attack. Otherwise, you wont make it behind diddy and the last hit will still pop you straight up where the Diddy can follow up with another attack. Dont quote me on this but I think down and maybe away is the best option. Prevents any follows up and forces you on the ground where you can roll away before he can DA again.

Other options can be just shielding, wavedashing backwards for spacing, just hit him out of DA ( it has really low priority), or dash dancing your self. But crouch cancelling is the safest option imo. Marth has a sword too, make him eat a wavedash Fsmash everytime he tries to approach with DA. Hell learn quickly ahah

Other general tips are wavedashing over bananas (very useful to know!), and platform movement. Helps with dealing with bananas more easily.

Top Bottom