• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against 2 characters please :D

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
I was searching around and I couldn't really find any threads with the 2 characters I'm having problems with. I think I'm the only MK who has a hard time playing against ROB and Wario. Here are my problems.

What do I do against a Wario who likes to D-air on my shield and F-smash right after he lands? I don't know how to approach him or what moves to use. I'm thinking Mach Tornado might be a way to get him off my ***, but sometimes he'll just knock me out of it with his d-air. Another question is, what's the best way to kill Wario, off the top or to the sides?

With ROB. I have a hard time against his down smash and neutral air(the flip one) and forward air. And when he knocks me off the stage, should i stay low or high, due to his lasers and gyro thingie always tend to hit me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shears

Smash Master
I was searching around and I couldn't really find any threads with the 2 characters I'm having problems with. I think I'm the only MK who has a hard time playing against ROB and Wario. Here are my problems.

What do I do against a Wario who likes to D-air on my shield and F-smash right after he lands? I don't know how to approach him or what moves to use. I'm thinking Mach Tornado might be a way to get him off my ***, but sometimes he'll just knock me out of it with his d-air. Another question is, what's the best way to kill Wario, off the top or to the sides?

With ROB. I have a hard time against his down smash and neutral air(the flip one) and forward air. And when he knocks me off the stage, should i stay low or high, due to his lasers and gyro thingie always tend to hit me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ive had the same problem.

wario - the tornado wont do much against his sidesmash or dair because his sidesmash has super armor and will break the tornado and the dair will hit the tornados weak spot. you should try using uptilts and predicting him. shield grabbing both the sidesmash and dair is a good choice but you will need to time it right with the dair, you can catch him in the attack you just have to let your shield take some damage and grab him right when it hits. you can also short hop to airdodge to put urself around the attack and give a quick down smash on the land to get him before he attacks again. with wario you really got to avoid him and punish his lag.

ROB - his down smash is going to give you the most problems. you can avoid it by jumping over him and doing a dair or nair, dont try shield grabbing since it attacks for too long and will hit you in your grab. best shot is just jumping over and dair. tornado and glide attack works too. ROBs fair and nair are tricky, especially his nair. the fair you can beat out with raw timing or airdodge when he attacks and hit with a bair or uair. if your an MK whos really aggressive the ROBs fair and nair will give you problems and the nair can KO you over the top. you have to do 1 of 2 things. you can be patient, wait for him to get on the ground, avoid his laser, spin top, and downsmash and kill him from the ground or you can take the more MK approach. his aerials arent that quick, it takes a couple of frames for it to actually hit. thats just enough time (if your predicting it) to get in there and attack. i would go for an upB, it comes out quickly and it will reach farther and faster than any other attack, which could also give you the KO if hes at high enough percent. however, a good ROB will predict it and time his attacks earlier to catch you, if ROB uses his upB to lead you high in the sky and nails a nair, your MK is toast. if you want to kill him quickly, get faster and more aggressive. if you dont want to risk your lives, and have a better chance at beating him in the long run, play smart and punish his lag.

Top Bottom