• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help / Advice choosing my main!

Who do I main?

• K.Rool

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Lucina

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Cloud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fps_trucka

Smash Rookie
NNID
fpstrucka
Hi all!

I am fairly new to smash, although I have played each of the other ones I have not played them seriously. I'm looking to eventually go to some local tournament for fun at some point and meet some cool people and get into the scene! Anyways I am stuck between four different characters all of which I love to play a lot. I want to try and identify a main now so I can focus on improving instead of the differing mechanics of each. I feel so torn :'( The first being K.Rool whom I absolutely love playing. His moveset is a blast to use and I love the nostalgia factor of DKC. Only downside I see to him is getting juggled in the air a bit. I also feel as if people would look down at me for playing him since a lot of people hate him already. The second character I'm thinking about is snake. I love MGS and watching some videos of him c4 people off stage is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. Third is cloud, (yes I love ff7) his moveset is pretty smooth and his fair spike is satisfying as hell when landing. His limit thing is kind of annoying but doesn't subtract from my enjoyment playing him. Lastly is Lucina, she is someone I mostly played in smash 4 (for my one or two months playing it). She just felt right playing and I love the movements.

I do appreciate a challenge and do not care about where specifically they are on the tierlist to some extent. I just don't want to get bodied because of a low tier character however, I feel as if this will be more because I am bad than because of a specific character.

Anyways, if anyone had any tips for whom I should choose or what they did to find out whom they wanted to main it would help a great deal if you explained how you came to choose your main!

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks all

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
Lucina is a great starter character. In my opinion playing characters you enjoy playing as the most is the way to go, if you go for a top tier they might get nerfed and I think playing characters you like from their games can get old and become frustrating if they don't click with you. If you don't like Cloud's limit it's not a good sign for a main.

But i would play them all at least a bit, Lucina's a great focus for starting tournaments but maybe you want to try K.Rool or Snake if you're down in a set and it might work. Also it might be easier if you improve with Lucina to then get better with other characters because of fundamentals.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Play them all. It’s better to be efficient with characters you like to play.

Though I’d say Lucina.

Coldcut_

Smash Rookie
Lucina will carry over so well to other characters. Stick with what you like, and feels good.

Super_Hylian

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1058-3799-8975
As said above, whoever feels good to you. Try everyone, and see who just fits with your play style the best. Link has never really been 'top tier' but i always main him because he just feels right to me in all aspects with play style. So if you find a character(s) you like alot, stick with them and keep practicing :)

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
My advice: main all 4 of the ones you want to play.

It's always better to have multiple mains, that way you can account for more scenarios and cover more ways to counter others.

Top Bottom