• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help a new fox looking to wreck his friends

EIiitti

Smash Cadet
Wave shining won't get you anywhere if your fundamentals can't already wreck your friends

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the above and you're in for a lot of sadness if you're just gonna be trying this as Fox all day but here is the answer to your question:

Down B (Shine) -> Jump (Jump Cancel) -> AirDodge Diagonally Down Forward or Backward (Wavedash) -> Repeat as necessary

The way I learned to do it was to spend hours after school in the training mode on final destination and then after getting it that way, trying to incorporate it into my playstyle by using CPU's. Then after that, trying to do it to human opponents.

Last edited:

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
I agree with the above and you're in for a lot of sadness if you're just gonna be trying this as Fox all day but here is the answer to your question:

Down B (Shine) -> Jump (Jump Cancel) -> AirDodge Diagonally Down Forward or Backward (Wavedash) -> Repeat as necessary

The way I learned to do it was to spend hours after school in the training mode on final destination and then after getting it that way, trying to incorporate it into my playstyle by using CPU's. Then after that, trying to do it to human opponents.
interesting, i never thought of that, I usually steer clear from the spacies, so you would execute this just like ness and his psi magnet?

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
interesting, i never thought of that, I usually steer clear from the spacies, so you would execute this just like ness and his psi magnet?
I haven't played PM Ness and don't know anything about him. I figured all of the Mother kids used Double Jump cancels for near-bout everything.

Those are the inputs though for wave-shining back and forth across the stage. What might trip you up is the timing but that's a minor thing that will come with practice. You can practice on Wario (he is easily carried across the length of Final Destination).

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
I haven't played PM Ness and don't know anything about him. I figured all of the Mother kids used Double Jump cancels for near-bout everything.

Those are the inputs though for wave-shining back and forth across the stage. What might trip you up is the timing but that's a minor thing that will come with practice. You can practice on Wario (he is easily carried across the length of Final Destination).
ok it's completely different haha but thanks for the advise, sounds fun

Top Bottom