• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello!

Kisuno

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Smash casually ever since I was a kid playing SSB64. I almost left it at that, until by accident I found out about Melee and bought it purely because another game I was looking for was sold out. x)

I didn't know that competitive smash brothers existed until before Brawl's release (the days of me excitedly checking the Smash Bros. DOJO page everyday) and I was introduced to smashboards. After Brawl's release, I hung around a small IRC smash community and played in some casuals and online tournaments for a little while, generally being terrible as a Wolf and R.O.B. player. I also played a lot of online SSB64 through Kaillera. My interest kind of faded some time after the community I hung around went quiet.

After hearing about the smash bros donation drive for EVO 2013 and watching the event, I finally decided I wanted to get back into smash brothers and started catching up on any tournaments that were streaming, also lurking around smashboards and the /r/smashbros community. I think seeing The Smash Brothers documentary convinced me that I wanted to start playing competitively again (and actually try to learn tech instead of skimming over it as I did previously). I hope to look for other smash players around the NC piedmont area who can kick my butt and push me to train better. :p

I'm mostly focused on Melee right now, learning with Ganondorf after bearing witness to the extreme skill and style of Kage the Warrior and Bizzarro Flame. I also play Project M and am loving it, but right now I want to get the fundamentals of melee down first! Nice to meet you all!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
When you get around to P:M, you should use the Dorf in that game as well. Too much fun :shades:

Top Bottom