• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Hi, my name is "mynameisv" (I know it's a weird name, I was pretty high when I thought of this) and I am a newbie here at Smashboards.
I've been looking high and low for a big community that I could talk about Smash for days on end, and I believe I have found it. A forum with a Lip thread that has over 1,000 replies? Now I cannot resist that!

Sooooo...I think this is a place that could be really fun to me, and I am looking forward to meeting every one of you, I am really REALLY hyped up, and...I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! (Man I have a weak vocabulary lol)
Oh, and I live in Japan, so if anyone needs something in Japanese, feel free to contact me. I'll try to help you in any way possible.
Here are my mains: (64):falcon64: (Melee):marthmelee::roymelee::falconmelee::gawmelee: (Brawl):wolf::marth::falcon::ike::gw::kirby2:

That's all. Feel free to ask any questions!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
*Looks at username*

I'm just gonna call you V :p Welcome to Smashboards!

I see that you like using Fire Emblem characters. Fan of the series or just like the playstyle?

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Wow, I was not expecting a reply this early. Hi, nice to meet you Hokori!
As for the question, I'm half on half. I am certainly a fan of FE Awakening(the newest one) but I haven't got around to playing other games in the series. I have FE8 on my ambassador, so I'll play that eventually.
I am PSYCHED to play as Robin in Smash 4, though. A Fire Emblem character that I actually know & was rooting for is enough to get me excited.
By the way, nice avatar. Ganondorf fan I suppose?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Wow, I was not expecting a reply this early. Hi, nice to meet you Hokori!
As for the question, I'm half on half. I am certainly a fan of FE Awakening(the newest one) but I haven't got around to playing other games in the series. I have FE8 on my ambassador, so I'll play that eventually.
I am PSYCHED to play as Robin in Smash 4, though. A Fire Emblem character that I actually know & was rooting for is enough to get me excited.
By the way, nice avatar. Ganondorf fan I suppose?
Welcome!

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Thanks, and nice to meet you!
Got to thinking about that Japanese thing. Marth speaks Japanese, right? At least that's what I am guessing. If not, boy, do I look dumb! Anyway, if so, what the hell is he saying?

I see Marth is one of your characters. You going to be doing any online brawling. I sure hope so cuz opponents are getting really scarce! :(

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Got to thinking about that Japanese thing. Marth speaks Japanese, right? At least that's what I am guessing. If not, boy, do I look dumb! Anyway, if so, what the hell is he saying?

I see Marth is one of your characters. You going to be doing any online brawling. I sure hope so cuz opponents are getting really scarce! :(
Marth's victory phrases are " I cannot afford to lose" "It seems I am able to live another day" "It seems that I was the victor today!"
Something along those lines,at least. Not 100% exact(There isn't a single translation in this world that is) but I think it's pretty close. Oh, and his down taunt is "Fellow friends, please be watching me!" ...I might have ****ed up this one, I really can't see a
good translation for this one. So I just wrote the same words in English, while ignoring any connection between whatsoeever. It's a sentance hard to say in English...

By the way, what do you mean by online brawl? Wasn't the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shut down?
Even if there is a way still do online brawl, it'll be hard to match up. I'm guessing that it's around nine overseas, right? In Japan, it's one o'clock A.M. right now. Pretty tough.
If we could make a schedule somehow, though, I'd be perfectly glad to brawl. I rarely went online before, and I was getting tired of doing matches against CPUs.

P.S. I notice that your avatar is Lucina. Is she your favorite character?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Marth's victory phrases are " I cannot afford to lose" "It seems I am able to live another day" "It seems that I was the victor today!"
Something along those lines,at least. Not 100% exact(There isn't a single translation in this world that is) but I think it's pretty close. Oh, and his down taunt is "Fellow friends, please be watching me!" ...I might have ****ed up this one, I really can't see a
good translation for this one. So I just wrote the same words in English, while ignoring any connection between whatsoeever. It's a sentance hard to say in English...

By the way, what do you mean by online brawl? Wasn't the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shut down?
Even if there is a way still do online brawl, it'll be hard to match up. I'm guessing that it's around nine overseas, right? In Japan, it's one o'clock A.M. right now. Pretty tough.
If we could make a schedule somehow, though, I'd be perfectly glad to brawl. I rarely went online before, and I was getting tired of doing matches against CPUs.

P.S. I notice that your avatar is Lucina. Is she your favorite character?
She will be. I am "studying" with Marth in preparation since that's all I can do right now. He's a lot of fun. I never studied up on movesets before, but I'm on fire now! Can't wait for SSBB4 and Lucina!

You can still get online. Look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...shutdown-warning-to-lan-adapter-users.355374/
I'm dead center in the USA but my trainer is in the UK.

p.s. What time is it right now? It's 12:16 pm where I am.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Welcome to the boards V! hope you enjoy!
Thanks! I'm already having quite fun here.
She will be. I am "studying" with Marth in preparation since that's all I can do right now. He's a lot of fun. I never studied up on movesets before, but I'm on fire now! Can't wait for SSBB4 and Lucina!

You can still get online. Look here:
I'm dead center in the USA but my trainer is in the UK.

p.s. What time is it right now? It's 12:16 pm where I am.
Mmm, I'll have to look into that sometime. I've done online brawl only a few times(due to worries about my skill) but I think I can take a challenge now!
I'm considering maining female Robin, considering she was my favorite character in FE:A. I assume in your case it was Lucina?

P.S. It's 2:30 A.M. I need to get some sleep now...I think I'll be seeing you in, six to eight hours. If your still around, that is...
Good night. I wonder if this thread is going to still exist tommorrow..."yawns"

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I see!:grin:
I consider myself to be somewhat of an otaku as well(I only say somewhat because there are loads of masterpieces that I haven't gotten around to watch just yet. I eventually will though) and I must say I am suprised and pleased to find another this fast.
What is your favorite anime/manga/game? :)

MirrorTael

Smash Cadet
Surprisingly i haven't read too many manga series (so hard to find the time!) but am a HUGE fan of Fruits Basket (not really interested in seeing the anime for it; i know it wont be as good). So many fave animes though. I'd say my top picks are Elfen Lied of course, Cardcaptor Sakura and Saber Marionette. (sensing a pattern maybe?) I'll always be loyal to the old school Sonic games, and I'm an RPG junkie. The Tales series is my favorite, but Skies of Arcadia was also incredible and I "selectively" love Zelda.

*takes breath*

How bout you? What do you play/watch? Are you a Japan native?

AirFair

Marth tho
I thought Elfen Lied was too gory for my tastes, but that's just me. If I can answer the question as well, my favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist. That or Evangelion.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
If you plan on getting Smash when it comes out you should come here imo: http://smashboards.com/threads/japa...riend-code-thread.363415/page-2#post-17318598
If you do, we could probably play!

Other than that welcome to Smashboards, it's good to have you.
Thanks! I'll check thatout sometime.
Surprisingly i haven't read too many manga series (so hard to find the time!) but am a HUGE fan of Fruits Basket (not really interested in seeing the anime for it; i know it wont be as good). So many fave animes though. I'd say my top picks are Elfen Lied of course, Cardcaptor Sakura and Saber Marionette. (sensing a pattern maybe?) I'll always be loyal to the old school Sonic games, and I'm an RPG junkie. The Tales series is my favorite, but Skies of Arcadia was also incredible and I "selectively" love Zelda.

*takes breath*

How bout you? What do you play/watch? Are you a Japan native?
Mmm...I'm sorry to say I haven't watched any of those, though I do plan to check out Elfen Lied sometime. As for my anime favorites...I do have a fair amount, but I realized that I don't know the localized name for the most. (Only Attack on Titans, and that was due to Youtube reactions being re-posted on NicoNico lol)I mean, I could just blurt out my favorites(Hidamari Sketch, Mirai Nikki, Black Lagoon, Slayers, Mushishi...)But I have doubts about them being the same with the Japanese titiles.
As for games, I'm mostly a Nintendo fan(have owned every single console since GBA), but my favorite game is probably Sonic Adventure(DC or GC does not matter), it's probably because it's the first game I cleared. I've played most of the Sonic games after that, though I don't care for the recents(I'll consider buying one after the Colors senario guy moves out, or is he already gone?)
As for Tales, I've played Abyss on my 3DS, thought it rocked. I played thorugh the majority of the game, until I learned through spoilers that a character I was taking great liking to dies later on in the game. The hype...sorta died out. But I had a lot of fun from it, so I bought Vesperia, Graces F and Xililia for my PS3. Not sure when I'll get to them, right now I'm playing some Wii games I never got around to playing. Playing Twilight Princess and having a blast, will get to REsident Evil after that.
Skies of Arcadia, eh? I do have the Dreamcast copy, could take that out on a spin sometime...
I thought Elfen Lied was too gory for my tastes, but that's just me. If I can answer the question as well, my favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist. That or Evangelion.
Will check out both of them, thanks. Which season of Alchemist should I watch first? The two have completely different storylines, don't they?

AirFair

Marth tho
Watch the first FMA (2003) first. I loved it and it's got a couple alternate parts so it's not exactly like the manga, so yeah it's a different storyline, but not too different. Brotherhood (2009) had a better look, but it sticks to the manga story. Both are great imo.

MirrorTael

Smash Cadet
Hahhaa AirFair, you're right. Elfen Lied IS a little gory, but you know, the concept of vectors had me hooked as well as the storyline. V-san, I've watched Slayers and Slayers Next, as well as some of those OVAs with Nagha and I enjoyed them! Lina is a very cool protagonist with a quirky personality. I was pretty hooked on Sonic Adventure when it first came out, and then they started coming out with way too many Sonics after that with pretty bad ratings. Sonic Heroes was alright, but I haven't played too much of the later games since, and I'm not too sure I'm fond of the new direction it's going, with Knuckles looking like a meathead or something >:( I'm currently playing Xillia now, and I would definitely recommend Graces. And hurray for Twilight Princess. It's my 2nd fave Zelda game next to Ocarina of Time. You sound like me, all these games on the backburner that you have to get to. I still have games still in the shrinkwrap. I haven't even touched the Super Mario Galaxies yet. I'm so behind. -.-'

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Watch the first FMA (2003) first. I loved it and it's got a couple alternate parts so it's not exactly like the manga, so yeah it's a different storyline, but not too different. Brotherhood (2009) had a better look, but it sticks to the manga story. Both are great imo.
Then I'll check the first one first,thanks!:)
Hahhaa AirFair, you're right. Elfen Lied IS a little gory, but you know, the concept of vectors had me hooked as well as the storyline. V-san, I've watched Slayers and Slayers Next, as well as some of those OVAs with Nagha and I enjoyed them! Lina is a very cool protagonist with a quirky personality. I was pretty hooked on Sonic Adventure when it first came out, and then they started coming out with way too many Sonics after that with pretty bad ratings. Sonic Heroes was alright, but I haven't played too much of the later games since, and I'm not too sure I'm fond of the new direction it's going, with Knuckles looking like a meathead or something >:( I'm currently playing Xillia now, and I would definitely recommend Graces. And hurray for Twilight Princess. It's my 2nd fave Zelda game next to Ocarina of Time. You sound like me, all these games on the backburner that you have to get to. I still have games still in the shrinkwrap. I haven't even touched the Super Mario Galaxies yet. I'm so behind. -.-'
I haven't watched the OVAs yet, but I watched the TV series up to Try (haven't watched the fourth series yet). It was last year when I saw them, so the artwork was feeling a little iffy at first, but I warmed up to it quick. Hell, I think I like the old style better than the current one, the expressions are just so much better. Maybe its just because it was Slayers, I don't know.

I also found Heroes on the "okay" level(bringing Chaotix back was pretty interesting), but I hated Shadow the Hedgehog for some reason.(Which is pretty weird, when you consider the fact that I was able to be entertained somewhat by Next-Gen. I dunno, maybe because I was young when I played Shadow)I thought Sonic was back on his tracks on Unleashed, only to lose him again on Colors. But I'm willing to give him another chance, just downloaded Generations on my 3DS due to bargains.
I strongly recommend trying out the Galaxy series, it is good. And I mean GOOD.
And I'm pretty sure a lot of us are behind. -.-' Not that I'm complaing, I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact I have tons of great games ahead of me, but yeah. Over 50 games owned yet to be played, with hundreds of good games still drifting through the market...Yeah, it's a bit of a tiring thought. lol

MirrorTael

Smash Cadet
Hahhaa, nice! I got into the series purely by accident. I had like an extra $10 on a gift card at a bookstore and needed to spend it on an extra manga. Picked Vol. 1 of Fruits Basket and got hooked.

Top Bottom