• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello~ I'm new to Smashboards!

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
I'm new to this site. Someone on my YT comments recommended that I should make an account. Truth is, I've heard about Smashboards before, but never actually rememered to check it out until now!

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Ahh that comment is gold. It got you here! Welcome to Smashboards. We hope you have fun and get lots of things to do. There's info to learn about Marth and challengers to face. Glad you could join.
Aww Hehe. Thank you! I'm pretty excited myself. I can't wait to learn new things. :]

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Enjoy your stay here! What do you plan to do here?
xD As funny as this may sound. I have no idea yet! In my mind at the time, I just was excited to make an account and that was it! I didn't think any further than that. Haha!
But now that the thought came to mind. I'll probably share videos of cool things you can do as Marth. Cool combos, spikes etc. And I'll most likely discus about Marth and other characters with other users on here. Or nostalgic Smash Bros. memories. I'll probably also play with other Smashers online and learn a lot of new things and neat tricks. And perhaps, end up teaching others some things that I might know. Like Marth's B-Reversals and catching falling enemies with pivot grabs to get an extra glide just for style.
I don''t know, anything I guess. :)

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Wow sounds fantastic. A newly joined teacher. Nice to hear you'll help others around get to know Marth. I'll prbably to learn that but put it to use on Lucina ;)
Heh. Lucina. One of the most fun match ups using Marth. ^.*
Wow sounds fantastic. A newly joined teacher. Nice to hear you'll help others around get to know Marth. I'll prbably to learn that but put it to use on Lucina ;)

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Heh. Lucina. One of the most fun match ups using Marth. ^.*
Ohh yes. Fun but horrible for meost people lol. It forces you to play very carefully since Counter is on the corner waiting a good time. Two days ago I beat a Captain Falcon Player with Rosalina. Quite good. The rematched and beat him again with Zelda. Luma was the fault he lost. He fell to in both stocks to a fully charged Luma I cleverly held until he had no shield or recovery after failed attacks. On the Zelda match I played around a bit getting hit and he died due to a missing Falcon grab were he explode bounces and the second I lightning kick him by surprise. But all that is irrelevant. The thing is he changed to Marth on the third match. I chose Peach, my second main (Zelda #1) (Rosalina #3) When I see Marth I was like on dear... I beat him too but the match took forever. He only took a stock of me high in the air with Marth's up b Dolphin recovery. Then I took one of his stock with float side A (ground level float play Peach crown attack.) We extended to sudden death since I knew Marth is dangerous with Counters so i played defensive and looking for openings. On the sudden death I hit up taunt for my umbrella that says "Sweet" since it was a good match and he dashed to me and I quickly did a Peach bomber and got him. I won. He left afterwards the match. But it made me play defensively and with tactics until time gave out. You know how players are quickly attacking to achieve victory fast.

Last edited:

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Ohh yes. Fun but horrible for meost people lol. It forces you to play very carefully since Counter is on the corner waiting a good time. Two days ago I beat a Captain Falcon Player with Rosalina. Quite good. The rematched and beat him again with Zelda. Luma was the fault he lost. He fell to in both stocks to a fully charged Luma I cleverly held until he had no shield or recovery after failed attacks. On the Zelda match I played around a bit getting hit and he died due to a missing Falcon grab were he explode bounces and the second I lightning kick him by surprise. But all that is irrelevant. The thing is he changed to Marth on the third match. I chose Peach, my second main (Zelda #1) (Rosalina #3) When I see Marth I was like on dear... I beat him too but the match took forever. He only took a stock of me high in the air with Marth's up b Dolphin recovery. Then I took one of his stock with float side A (ground level float play Peach crown attack.) We extended to sudden death since I knew Marth is dangerous with Counters so i played defensive and looking for openings. On the sudden death I hit up taunt for my umbrella that says "Sweet" since it was a good match and he dashed to me and I quickly did a Peach bomber and got him. I won. He left afterwards the match. But it made me play defensively and with tactics until time gave out. You know how players are quickly attacking to achieve victory fast.
I try not to challenge Lucina in the air, off stage too much because she could easily Bair Marth far enough from the ledge and she's pretty quick. So I do see your point. And she can counter as I can, so yeah. The counter is pretty threatening. But here's a good tip. You probably already know this, but just in case. Against Marth and Lucinas. Those players tend to counter quite often, or during moments when enemies usually try to Smash them when they are returning to the stage. At those moments. You charge up a Smash attack pretending like you'll let it go. But hold it. They will counter, and.. counter nothing! And at that moment as they are stuck in the stance. WHAM! Let em have it with a fully charged Smash attack. That's counter-habit players weakness. Also mix in grabs a lot and keep tapping the A button[Attack button] until they break free. Once they break free, you usually can jab them twice or so depending on your character. Every little percent of damage you rack up on counter fighters, or any fighter in general counts in the long run. It's like playing it safe by dancing around like a butterfly, and lightly stinging your foes carefully, and calculated. Leaving less punish room for you by trying to smash or use a heavy attack on a counter person right off the bat. It's best to save the charged Smash attack, or heavy hit for later. When Marth/Lucina/Palu/Mac etc have enough damage to get knocked right into the blast zone. I assume you know all this already but a reminder in case never hurts anyone. :] Plus it's fun to discuss that stuff regardless.

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
And about your victory over the Captain Falcon player. Congrats! I'm proud that you were able to best him in those matches you had with him. Falcon's pretty fearsome in this installation of Smash. Fast, strong, he has combo potential, Knockback. Can apply pressure easily. A-not-so-hard-spike, and more. Shoot. His Side B is even a kill move at the right damage percent. He can also kill with Down B if you have enough damage. That's awesome that you used your wits.

And as for the Marth VS. Peach match up you had... Oh boy.. That actually takes me to a match I had against some Peach main on For Glory mode a day ago or so. She was pretty nasty. She knew her range and my marth's range completely. We were going at it. I don't usually fight Peaches so that was like a learning moment for me. She'd float, and tried to down air when she got near but I avoided her with pivot tilts. The match actually dragged on near sudden death but for some weird reason her connection lagged so much. After two mins of waiting the lag ended and she just kept walking toward me, not even trying anymore. Like she wanted me to kill her and end the match. I just dashed, did a B reversal with my shield breaker and that ended the match and she left afterwards. But I don't accept that victory. It was a fluke, bull. Because she let me win when we both had high damage and then she dipped.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hmm. That's odd maybe she did's acknoledge due to lag
found unfair? We should fight but i have a 3ds only and my connection is weird. I can play for glory and for fun after a lot of tries with errors but when I add people 5% of thme can connect to me or i can connect to them everyone else return or gets reurned the a communication error has occurred I practically have 3 people only I can play and two of those left for the wiiu version. I got only one. many other I have added end up with the error. That's why I don't share my code nor ask. I know it's futile. gets hype up then drops like a bomb since I nor the other ever connect to me.

And thanks for the tips of course Peach can counter too and Shulk and Ike. Ike hits like a brick. Shulk has problems with the counter sometimes and Peach does a multihit counter if it connects. I use it rarely. I rely more on my crown hit. Although down a with Peach impresses me. Has a long reach for being a hand slap and the sound it makes and knockback up it does. It's funny. I gotten many like that. Like sometimes ko flying opponents with the upb Parasol but it's not always wood with Links and Greninjas. Thou I did beat a Toon Link like that who tried the down b on me and we both hit but he flew to death since he had more damage but really knocked Peach of balance and high in the air.

Last edited:

StarForce

Smash Ace
And about your victory over the Captain Falcon player. Congrats! I'm proud that you were able to best him in those matches you had with him. Falcon's pretty fearsome in this installation of Smash. Fast, strong, he has combo potential, Knockback. Can apply pressure easily. A-not-so-hard-spike, and more. Shoot. His Side B is even a kill move at the right damage percent. He can also kill with Down B if you have enough damage. That's awesome that you used your wits.

And as for the Marth VS. Peach match up you had... Oh boy.. That actually takes me to a match I had against some Peach main on For Glory mode a day ago or so. She was pretty nasty. She knew her range and my marth's range completely. We were going at it. I don't usually fight Peaches so that was like a learning moment for me. She'd float, and tried to down air when she got near but I avoided her with pivot tilts. The match actually dragged on near sudden death but for some weird reason her connection lagged so much. After two mins of waiting the lag ended and she just kept walking toward me, not even trying anymore. Like she wanted me to kill her and end the match. I just dashed, did a B reversal with my shield breaker and that ended the match and she left afterwards. But I don't accept that victory. It was a fluke, bull. Because she let me win when we both had high damage and then she dipped.
Mine was two days ago too. sounds as you and I fought but no. My name is Starforce and the other player's name was OU with some symbols.

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Hmm. That's odd maybe she did's acknoledge due to lag
found unfair? We should fight but i have a 3ds only and my connection is weird. I can play for glory and for fun after a lot of tries with errors but when I add people 5% of thme can connect to me or i can connect to them everyone else return or gets reurned the a communication error has occurred I practically have 3 people only I can play and two of those left for the wiiu version. I got only one. many other I have added end up with the error. That's why I don't share my code nor ask. I know it's futile. gets hype up then drops like a bomb since I nor the other ever connect to me.

And thanks for the tips of course Peach can counter too and Shulk and Ike. Ike hits like a brick. Shulk has problems with the counter sometimes and Peach does a multihit counter if it connects. I use it rarely. I rely more on my crown hit. Although down a with Peach impresses me. Has a long reach for being a hand slap and the sound it makes and knockback up it does. It's funny. I gotten many like that. Like sometimes ko flying opponents with the upb Parasol but it's not always wood with Links and Greninjas. Thou I did beat a Toon Link like that who tried the down b on me and we both hit but he flew to death since he had more damage but really knocked Peach of balance and high in the air.
I play on the Wii U Version :p

and no problem! Toon Link can be annoying!
And omg I was so excited for Apex2015 I couldn't sleep!

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Mine was two days ago too. sounds as you and I fought but no. My name is Starforce and the other player's name was OU with some symbols.
Yeah plus I play the Wii U version. I have a 3ds but I stopped playing it the moment the Wii U version released. I'm not too great the the circle pad. I SD a lot and it's not the same for me as a Gamecube Controller. No smash stick on my 3ds either.
If you want I can turn it on and try to play with you sometime but don't expect much compettion because i'm using a 3ds haha.
Hey you should check out my Youtube channel. TheVampirian

StarForce

Smash Ace
Yeah plus I play the Wii U version. I have a 3ds but I stopped playing it the moment the Wii U version released. I'm not too great the the circle pad. I SD a lot and it's not the same for me as a Gamecube Controller. No smash stick on my 3ds either.
If you want I can turn it on and try to play with you sometime but don't expect much compettion because i'm using a 3ds haha.
Hey you should check out my Youtube channel. TheVampirian
Hmm If you have handicap on the 3ds then I can battle you lol. someone close to my skill. Sometimes I get wrong moves like Peach's upa instead of side a. I can try adding you just have to hope you connect. I type theVampirian in the yuoutube search and I should find it easily right? i'll check it out. Also today practicing with Lucina. I scored a meteor smash against ROB. I saved that battle because I have never seen Marth or Lucina do a meteor smash. It surprised me. I could try to upload that to youtube for you to see if i can with sound and all. Just need some time to borrow a cellphone. PC cameras suck

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Hmm If you have handicap on the 3ds then I can battle you lol. someone close to my skill. Sometimes I get wrong moves like Peach's upa instead of side a. I can try adding you just have to hope you connect. I type theVampirian in the yuoutube search and I should find it easily right? i'll check it out. Also today practicing with Lucina. I scored a meteor smash against ROB. I saved that battle because I have never seen Marth or Lucina do a meteor smash. It surprised me. I could try to upload that to youtube for you to see if i can with sound and all. Just need some time to borrow a cellphone. PC cameras suck
HandsomeRocker is my NNID and it'll be fun! :]
Found my videos yet? If not, try typing Smash Bros Vamp.
I have a bunch of Marth/Lucina spikes on my YT

StarForce

Smash Ace
I can't I don't find you. Typing that gave me Moka akashiya in brawl from the Rosario anime (I seen it as well as season 2 btw lol) and typing TheVampirian gave me vampire videos. :/ I did find Marth & Lucina videos and tutorials but none say by: Vampirian or HandsomeRocker. I can't find your channel. I'll also need your FC to add you in the 3ds if it's not much bother.

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
I can't I don't find you. Typing that gave me Moka akashiya in brawl from the Rosario anime (I seen it as well as season 2 btw lol) and typing TheVampirian gave me vampire videos. :/ I did find Marth & Lucina videos and tutorials but none say by: Vampirian or HandsomeRocker. I can't find your channel. I'll also need your FC to add you in the 3ds if it's not much bother.
When you Type "Smash Bros Vamp" what pops out? If anything, tpe "SSB4-Blizzard Highlights"
FC: 3497 - 1906 - 4610

Zedsyy

Smash Rookie
NNID
stormstrikerx
3DS FC
2981-6999-1523
When you Type "Smash Bros Vamp" what pops out? If anything, tpe "SSB4-Blizzard Highlights"
FC: 3497 - 1906 - 4610
My FC: 2981-6999-1523 In case you ever want to do friendlies or something!

StarForce

Smash Ace
I gotcha added Zedsy~
Have you been watching Apex too?
Oh no... I don't have time for it. But I saw some of your videos. I did with Lucina what you did a air reversal wa sit? i'm not good with technical terms. The one Marth swings and meteor smashes down opponents. That's what I did. Nice I did a pro's technique without knowing. I knocked that ROB out then jumped to it out of stage and made an aerial tilt and then that reverse B which sounded like a well hit meteor smash and destroyed ROB. I really had the heart on winning that match. I was practicing thanks to your advice.

Last edited:

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Oh no... I don't have time for it. But I saw some of your videos. I did with Lucina what you did a air reversal wa sit? i'm not good with technical terms. The one Marth swings and meteor smashes down opponents. That's what I did. Nice I did a pro's technique without knowing. I knocked that ROB out then jumped to it out of stage and made an aerial tilt and then that reverse B which sounded like a well hit meteor smash and destroyed ROB. I really had the heart on winning that match. I was practicing thanks to your advice.
Hehe. Aww~ I'm glad I helped you in a way! :]
And omg you missed out big time! The Melee stream was the best!

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hehe. Aww~ I'm glad I helped you in a way! :]
And omg you missed out big time! The Melee stream was the best!
Oh. I'm sorry. Could have seen it but I'm not always online much less during times in the day so I miss most events they don't match my time. Yeah i've been at least against cpu practicing with Lucina spacing and using tilts ans aerial. Been applying techniques like the charged B to surprise and to get back into the stage once. I've been in general practicing thou human players are vastly different from level 9 cpus. Smash for 3ds is my first ever Smash game. I never knew 64 and it was late when I found about melee I never got it and I don't have a wii nor a wiiu so I put all my savings buying a 2ds and got relly excited when smash became portable. I play a lot thou Pokemon is on league with it in terms of time of play but I play lots of Smash. Thou i'm not that good. My for glory ratio in all modes combined is roughly 27% only and 1 on 1 is practically 20-21% which is pretty disappointing by winning less than 100 matches and having lost 300+ I don't think I am very competitive at all but I try. I have a lot of fun that's what matters. I take advice for characters I like and put them to test so i can enjoy better and win more. Sure I've beaten for example classic mode intensity 9 with my both mains Zelda and Peach with no customs on and I even outlasted Master core and got a time out which leads to an instant gameover. Those are pretty cool achievements but really mean nothing when you compare that to real human players. I have a bad connection and often friends get not to connect but not all. Despite that I have like currently only one person who plays with me online and I have no one physically to play Smash locally so I really can't improve well. At least my only online Smasher friends helps me with advice too and is a very nice person. That's what counts. I enjoy battling him even thou all 20+ matches I have lost them all. But one day I'll beat him. You'll see. Practice is the key! He'll be surprised too when I beat him finally. I'm sure he'll be happy too. But hey, thanks for he tips. I'll keep on practicing and going online for glory, cause I love it. :)

Top Bottom