• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello from England!

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Hi SmashBoards, I'm a British Smash player that only in the past year or so discovered the competitive scene. Ever since finding it I've been practicing each day, every day for an opportunity to get myself into a tournament and smash (pardon the pun) into the scene with a powerful performance.

I'm still quite a way from that.

But I'd certainly like to meet some fellow players and test my skills against them, cause I have literally 0 challenge in my local area as far as I know! I'm from Maidstone in Kent, so please please PLEASE let me know if you live nearby cause I seriously need some practice against real people and not Level 1 Donkey Kong bots.

But anyway, let's do the thing the pinned post said to do.

• Who do you main in Melee/Brawl, why?
In Melee, I'm a Falco main that also plays Dr. Mario and I'm learning Captain Falcon. Falco is awesome in every way, and as a Star Fox fan for many years he was always a personal favourite to play. Dr. Mario, on the other hand, was who I mained when I discovered some of the advanced techniques, so I find him a lot of fun to play as well, and Captain Falcon is just cool. In Brawl, I'm a Lucario main that can occasionally rely on Metaknight to secure an easy game, but I also like the risk-reward play of Wolf.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? Do you know anyone here?
I joined SmashBoards cause of the community and the potential to meet local players and beat play them! It's also a good place to discuss upcoming games and learn more about the characters I play.
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I haven't been to any tournaments as of yet, but I definitely want to. Then again, I think the people I play against in tourneys will be a bit tougher than those Level 1 Donkey Kong bots... hmm...
  • Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
Well, I'm an extremely competitive guy, and thus play a lot of online/competitive games. I'm a huge fan of Dota 2, Street Fighter IV, Pokémon and Quake Live, and I'm also learning to speedrun The Lion King for the Mega Drive. I'm also a retro video game collector, with a quickly-growing pile of old games taking up an awful lot of space in my bedroom, at the moment exclusively for Mega Drive and N64 (although I'm yet to get Smash 64). My favourites so far have got to be Sonic 2, The Lion King, Banjo Kazooie and Ecco the Dolphin, although Lylat Wars is an all-time favourite of mine. I'm currently studying towards a career in the film industry, so movie-making is an occasional hobby of mine (outside of gaming) and I'm also a fan of photography and urban exploration.
  • What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
Nothing comes to mind, although as I've stated I'd like to get into speedrunning some old games and playing more online games. You could also play me on Pokémon Showdown or Quake Live, although I'm not too great at either of those.

So yeah, I think that's it. If you've read all that, thanks for your time, and I hope to have a good time here on the forums!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to Smashboards TLF :)

I'm also a Star Fox fan. Falco and Wolf are my favorites, and I actually really don't care for Fox much at all...I think it's mainly because his attitude annoys me for some reason.

For local play, you could get involved with the UK Smash Facebook Social Group since social media is pretty much the way to go for effective communication now. Having a look around the Europe sub-forum also wouldn't hurt ya.

No more LV 1 Dankey Kang Bots for you! :troll:

Enjoy the forums.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome TLF!

Studying for a career in the film industry eh? Maybe you could make a film dedicated to our eternal Sun God, Superman.

1406528244449.jpg

Enjoy your stay and remember: glory to Superman!

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's a darn shame, cause I don't like Superman. Or any comic book hero, to be frank.

mind you the star fox comics were baller

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oooo I loved the Star Fox comics too :D

But oh no...the rest of what you said is bad news.

Top Bottom