• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, fellow Smashers!

eklyps12

Smash Rookie
NNID
eklyps12
Hello smashers! I'm the new guy (at least until somebody newer than me posts haha).

I love all the Smash games, but have never played competitively, nor did I know there were competitions! I joined Smashboards because I love Smash and I like that there's a place on the internets where the smash community can all 'gather' even when we're not together!

I'm terrible with intros, but do well with questions! Hi, hello, and I hope to be around for a long while!

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smash Boards! Even if you don't play competitively, it's still great to share those fun moments. Hope to see you around!

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Sup, glad to see you found the place, and yeah this place is pretty cool to just chill with people, competitive or not. We're all smash fans in the end, and that's what matters.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
According to Smashboards, "Staffo" is the current new guy :troll:

Jokes aside, welcome to our humble home here at SWF!

Either you could answer the questions recommended in one of the pinned threads in this forum, or you could just answer a few of mine:

-Now that you know there's a competitive scene for Smash, are you interested in participating in it?
-Hype for Smash 4? If so, what characters are you currently excited to use the most?
- What other Nintendo franchises outside of Smash do you enjoy?

Other than that, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here :)

Last edited:

Kaitou

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameEmpireHD
3DS FC
3496-9817-0774
I also joined today.

Welcome to the forums man.

eklyps12

Smash Rookie
NNID
eklyps12
Hello to everybody!!

According to Smashboards, "Staffo" is the current new guy :troll:
Either you could answer the questions recommended in one of the pinned threads in this forum, or you could just answer a few of mine:

-Now that you know there's a competitive scene for Smash, are you interested in participating in it?
-Hype for Smash 4? If so, what characters are you currently excited to use the most?
- What other Nintendo franchises outside of Smash do you enjoy?

Other than that, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here :)
I am definitely interested in making my mark in the Smash competition world! I have a ton of work to do, but one of these days...
Oh my gosh, AM I EVER EXCITED! More excited than when Brawl was announced. Brawl was announced and I just died of excitement. Sm4sh was announced and I died, came back to life and almost died again because the hype!! Honestly, I wanna use everybody. I'm excited equally for everybody.

I haven't played any to my knowledge, or maybe I'm missing something? I guess I mainly find myself playing games included in the Smash games.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hello to everybody!!

I am definitely interested in making my mark in the Smash competition world! I have a ton of work to do, but one of these days...
Oh my gosh, AM I EVER EXCITED! More excited than when Brawl was announced. Brawl was announced and I just died of excitement. Sm4sh was announced and I died, came back to life and almost died again because the hype!! Honestly, I wanna use everybody. I'm excited equally for everybody.

I haven't played any to my knowledge, or maybe I'm missing something? I guess I mainly find myself playing games included in the Smash games.
Well that's good to hear. As a beginnner, it wouldn't hurt to take a look through a guide for some competitive Smashin'. Luckily, we have one of those :)

Personally, I'm just ready to use my favorite Nintendo characters. When it comes time for competition, I'll narrow those characters down based upon how I feel about them currently and the potential that I see with them. Comfortability will also be a factor of course.

And I mean other Nintendo franchises like Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc, etc.

eklyps12

Smash Rookie
NNID
eklyps12
Thank you Hokori! That guide is most helpful!

I find myself playing Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong games the most but Kirby is the most addictive and Metroid games are pure amazingness. Haven't played a Metroid game I hated (except maybe the first game, maybe). I haven't gotten into Fire Emblem much because I didn't know what it was til a few years ago and I had no money or resources to play an FE game.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thank you Hokori! That guide is most helpful!

I find myself playing Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong games the most but Kirby is the most addictive and Metroid games are pure amazingness. Haven't played a Metroid game I hated (except maybe the first game, maybe). I haven't gotten into Fire Emblem much because I didn't know what it was til a few years ago and I had no money or resources to play an FE game.
Seems like you're pretty well-rounded. Doesn't surprise me too much that you didn't know about Fire Emblem until recently. Thankfully, Awakening brought life to the series and plenty of people are getting into it now. I expect the series to get even more fans with the inclusions of Robin and Lucina :)

eklyps12

Smash Rookie
NNID
eklyps12
Seems like you're pretty well-rounded. Doesn't surprise me too much that you didn't know about Fire Emblem until recently. Thankfully, Awakening brought life to the series and plenty of people are getting into it now. I expect the series to get even more fans with the inclusions of Robin and Lucina :)
I knew of Fire Emblem back in the mid 2000s but never found it interesting until as of late.

How could I forget Pokemon!! I love Pokemon! Never knew what franchise Captain Falcon came from and never got into StarFox until Assault on the GameCube

Last edited:
Top Bottom