• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, everyone!

Cristen

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I'm Cristen, or combokid90. I'm fairly new to Smashboards. I signed up for this community a long time ago but i've never been a regular user of this site. After watching the matches at EVO 2014 this year and seeing Axe play, it was about time I wanted to really use my resources and learn how to play Melee and Project M better. My hopes are to meet some friends on here (i'm really a shy person) and play Melee and Project M online. I have a gaming computer, so I would really like to connect with some players and practice with them. Hopefully, i'll have the chance to learn a lot of things from more seasoned players using the Dolphin emulator. (By the way--I tried setting up Netplay on it, but the button inputs were really laggy. How do I fix that problem?)

The reason why I want to improve in Project M and Melee is due to the fact that I see veterans like amSa, Mango, Armada, PPMD and HungryBox and their passion and love for the game. The amount of time and dedication that they put towards Smash is a motivation for me to want to work hard at getting better. Seeing this, I want to be good at this game; perhaps one day; maybe even better than them!

I would love to attend tournaments in North Carolina but due to health issues, it's hard for me to travel. Due to my condition, I am unable to drive and in my area, either A.) Everyone works all the time, or B.) Their interest in Smash is overwhelmed by Halo or Call Of Duty. So, while everyone is on xbox live or psn, i'm sitting here at home, practicing Zelda like...."ehhhh..." I tried to start my own smash club in my local community, but no one was interested in it like that so that idea pretty much went ka-put.

I'm a college student; as well as a beatmaker. Music is a passion of mine and always has been. Old School Hip Hop, Experimental/Abstract Hip Hop has been a staple part in my interests and in what I do.

That about wraps it up for me. Hopefully, I can get some positive insight and meet some cool folks here.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Sup, glad to have you here. I'm pretty new too, but this community is actually really nice from what I've seen, way better than the places I've come from. I'm sure you'll be able to up your competitive game around here, it's the perfect place to work on it. Hope you have fun, and welcome to Smashboards.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to the forums Cristen. Seems like you've been a dedicated Zelda main for some time now, that's pretty rare :surprised:

For Netplay, your best bet would be to check out this thread, other than that, discussion concerning ISOs/ROMs, and all the kind of talk is pretty sensitive and isn't accepted well around here, so be careful to avoid that (just giving you the heads up).
When you want to play online, you can check out the Arena to play with others, have fun with that.

It's cool that you're into Hip-Hop though, one of my favorite genres. Wouldn't mind hearing a beat or two of yours sometime in the future.

Also, I hope you'll be able to get into a scene too. By now, I'm sure you've looked into the Regional Zones forum. Have you looked around on Facebook for Smash social groups as well?

Good luck with everything and enjoy your time here :)

Last edited:

Cristen

Smash Rookie
Thank you all for welcoming me and for the suggestions. I'll definitely be checking out the netplay threads and the arena!

Top Bottom