• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hector/Ephraim over Current Fire Emblem Character(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastion Breaker

Smash Rookie
As everyone already knows there are too many similar Fire Emblem characters. However unlikely I’d like to think that either of these characters could be a replacement for one of the current Fire Emblem characters or simply another one on the roster I suppose.

Ephraim would use a lance/spear while Hector uses an axe as neither weapon is heavily featured in Smash Ultimate.

Up vote this to get it recognized? I’m new so don’t know how the “liking” system works but ya’know what I mean.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I thought I had said this before in another thread but I can't find it so I'll just re-write it out here.

First off I personally don't think we need to "round out" the weapon triangle in Smash or anything like that. The thing to remember is that what weapon you're using matters a lot less than how you're using it. For example if Hector were to get in he would probably fight similar to Ike with slow, heavy swings in wide arcs because Ike already fights one-handed with a heavy blade. Ephraim on the other hand would probably be a lot closer to Corrin than people realize because she uses her partial transformations to make a lot of reaching stab moves like you would use with a spear.

To that end here is how I would "fix" the Fire Emblem representation in Smash. First off I'll be doing this assuming echos have echo slots and all other characters took a unique character slot. The biggest issue with Fire Emblem in Smash is the fact that 4 out of 7 of the characters use movesets that are very similar. In order to fix that I would remove the main "cause" of this, Roy. Roy got back in just because he was in melee otherwise his game hasn't even had a release in the West while aslo having one of the worst sales in the series and is clogging up a unique slot with a semi-clone moveset. If I was removing Roy, Chrom would go as well. Instead I would add Lyn as a unique fighter who is both popular and represents Fire Emblem's transition to the West, and Black Knight as an Ike echo due to them having similar fighting styles and Black Knight being a memorable villain for a series currently lacking one. Since I removed an AT I would add Xander & Ryoma as an AT where they would come out and "clash" across the battlefield catching anyone nearby in the blows.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I thought Camilla would actually be cooler than Hector, but any axe user would be pretty cool. Ephraim I also wanted as a spear user, but I don't know. My current thoughts on an FE lineup:

Marth
Roy
Ike
Camilla
Robin
Corrin

Or alternatively:

Marth
Ike
Ephraim
Hector
Lyn
Robin

Roy is still a fan favorite and is the only person with a fire sword, so perhaps he can just be demoted to a Marth echo, just with a fire sword (and for the love of god, change Roy's down tilt to match Marth's). Marth, Ike, and Robin are people I think you just shouldn't cut for being series icons and I think their rep count should max out at 6. Black Knight would also introduce a villain, but idk, I wouldn't want the sole villain being too similar to a hero (same reason why I think Dark Pit should be cut).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm sure there's a thread for each character out there. Or a Fire Emblem General support thread. Please take your statements to one of the appropriate threads. This one is redundant due to their existence(I only remember a Hector thread, to be fair).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom