• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heavy Weight?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So I hear that Mario's F.L.U.D.D. actually does serve a useful and NOT situational purpose. I hear that it actually increases his weight, thus making him more difficult to K.O.

So what weight class does this bring Mario to? He's already the second heaviest middle weight (just behind Lucario), so would the F.L.U.D.D. bring him to Middle-Heavy weight? Or maybe even Heavy wieght?

On another note, with how many posts we Mario users have made concerning the SAME subject, can someone please form a Comprehensive Guide on his style and ATs? I was thinking of doing one, but then I considered that I would probably be too lethargic to edit it. :dizzy:

???????

Smash Journeyman
The F.L.U.D.D. pack does not increase weight, it increases falling speed which makes Mario slightly more resistant to vertical knockback; the difference is comparable to the contrast between Mario and Dr. Mario. It's a good trick to know, but there are still things that are not completely understood about it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
zero gamer ur location info is so noob
*sigh*, I should have known mentioning flatulence would make someone think negatively of me, but it is true (part of it anyways). I AM better than you -.-

Not to sound like a jerk or anything. Confidence just has a positive influence on one's performance and I feel confident in my skills.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh... Now that I think about it, it is kinda lame. I think I'll go change it to something slightly more mature.
Actually, I would keep it like that. 10 bucks some guy challenges you, he kicks your ***, but you learn from it and get better.

And if nobody else will, I'll test the FLUDD to see if it does make you heavier. Like ??????? said, it only makes you more resistant to vertical knockback.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It appears that the increased falling speed occurs ONLY when F.L.U.D.D. is revealing itself.
Maybe when it's fully charged and not showing anymore you will be heavier, but with normal falling speed?
I shall test this out in Training Mode at maybe increments of 10% from 50% - 100%.

P.S. I changed the location to not mention, "where you fart where you burp, and you burp where you fart". Apparently no one caught the Family Guy reference -.-

P.P.S. I would love to fight anyone who claims to be skillful players. It would be a good learning experience, although I can assure you that I am NOT a pushover. :D

Top Bottom