• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HDMI to Composite/RCA Converter - lag?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on getting a solid stream setup going for a while, and I have the hardware and software to make everything work, but occasionally I have some issues with slight input lag. I'm currently using an Elgato Game Capture HD, OBS, and some off brand HDMI to Composite converter box. It seems like one of these things is causing the problem, guess which...

My question is, do all converters (HDMI to RCA) have non-negligible lag? Or do I just need to find a better/more reputable converter? If so, does anyone have suggestions as to what would work well?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
HDMI to RCA conversion is probably the most significant lag.

But does it matter if your stream lags behind a little bit? The timing of your capture shouldn't affect your play, should it?

Top Bottom