• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HDMI for ps3

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
So yesh i bought a ps3 a few games and a few controllers

My samsung televiosion supports hd and has the hole where u put the hdmi cable thing in

What cable should i buy? Does the hdmi cable have to be specifically FOR ps3? Like does it have to say that in one of its features? Or does any hdmi thing can suffice?

Also im aiming for those 20 bucks Hdmi thinger mer bobbers

So help pwease :D
Merry kwismiss

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, Frames is correct.

Also, I just want to give you a warning. HDMI is a digital signal, not analog like Component Video. That means that the quality of connection is irrelevant. So don't go out and buy a $120 Monster cable. It's a waste of money. Any HDMI cable will work exactly like any other. There is no quality degradation due to connectivity issues like in analog signals.

So don't let any of the store clerks talk you into buying a more expensive cable.

Frames

DI
omg but i need it! i its not like the signal is either there or not 100 percent of the time monsterrrr for lyfe normal cables have crappy tips but monsterrr has the triple diamond weave tips with reinforced titanium shielding and flecks of gold for a decorative touch

lol story time kiddies

one time i was in the store and a guy tried to sell me a $100 cable and he was like "dude this one is compliant with hdmi 1.3a" and i was like "so?? they all are its just a cable" and he got mad and walked away

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hah! Yea, Monster cables are overpriced and questionably higher quality. Does connectivity matter in analog signals? Yes. Do Monster cables have a better connection to justify their outrageous price tag? No.

But that's a whole different debate. One that the Mythbusters actually considered tackling, in fact. But since it was about a specific commercial good, they couldn't do it. Because of the advertisers on the Discovery Channel, you know.

But one thing is for certain: Do not buy expensive HDMI cables.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I have 2 Monster cables for my guitar and I love them. The sound has never been so clean and they really do reduce unwanted noises.

But I had to get 2 because I've got a effect panel. :(

Top Bottom